Do you have a type?

oceanplease

Aug 9, 2009
I've been putting together a little wish list for my birthday and I've come to realize that I am drawn to studded bags. I already have 4 (I got my first one about ten years ago when I was a teenager and deeply into my 'punk' phase) and since then I've picked up a few Betsey Johnson's, a small change purse, etc.

The #1 thing on my wish list right now is a studded RM Mini Morning After. I know it's gorgeous and I'd use it A LOT but I feel like it's illogical to get so many bags that are similar in style.

Same as shape, ALL my bags are either totes or satchels. Well, I do have one BJ hobo but it's studded so it's not that much of a style jump.

I was just curious whether anyone else here has this problem? Have you managed to work your way out of it?

Yeah, well maybe not problem, but I only buy shoulder bags. And I too love studded bags but I currently only have one that I might sell off later. Im still on the hunt for the perfect studdedbag..

I have a size ... for me the perfect size bag is 14" long and 8-9" high with straps that will fit on my shoulder. So I have (way) more than one bag in these approximate dimensions. And not too much metal showing for me..

Since you like studded bags, this fall season collection is perfect for you. I'm sure you already know the Coco Duffel bag from Alexander Wang... and Tory Burch's STUDDED collection...

But the Morning After Mini is perfect, too. But I am biased because I just love, love that bag... :biggrin:

I am completely in love with the Alexander Wang Coco Duffel. It's such an original approach to studs!
I haven't seen any of the Tory Burch collection yet, I'll have to check it out!

I think I certainly go through phases with bags - sometimes I'm all about totes, other times I'm obsessed with luggage, overnight bags. At the moment, I'm completely into clutches, have bought 2 in the past 2 months.

Obviously you are drawn to totes and satchels for a reason, I'm guessing because they work for your lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with having bags in only one style, that's part of cultivating a personal style and preferences. I prefer to carry hobo or shoulder bags, that's just what works for me. I do have some satchel styles, but I find that I would rather carry my hobo. Sometimes when we try to branch out, we end up coming back to the things we love, nothing wrong with that IMO.....so long story short, get that RM Mini Morning After! :biggrin:

If it's not a bag that rides comfortably on my shoulder, I won't buy it, so that eliminates some lovely bags with intricate or uncomfortable handles. I've always loved roomy, lighter weight hobos and totes, but I do carry clutches during the evening. When I carry my clutches, my shoulder feels naked. :smile:

:heart:

I am a big bag kinda girl. Sometimes, it feels reassuring to know that you have a lot of space and that you almost have everything in that bag. A light jacket, spare underwear, or even flip flops. Its all about comfort and style.

I love a variety of styles. Not really into long straps but like handles to go over my shoulder. Do not like chains, studs, not into a lot of metal on bags and for some reason, not drawn to drawstrings. I love large bags with great shape and style.