Do you have a temper?

I get annoyed so easily and then a few minutes later I'm ok. When I go into one of my "moods" I'm really sarcastic and snappy when someone says something to me. When I get annoyed, I try to ignore whoever is annoying for at least a little while. If I don't, I might say things I'll regret later!

I guess Im not "hot" tempered but "bad" tempered...as I can get upset easily over the smallest things and my boyfriend doesn't get why I am bother by every little thing.
I know its because Im working everyday and hes sitting at home everyday that makes my so angry! But anyhow...it gets better!

I hope you can control you rage too :smile:

i think my temper has cooled down a bit, actually a lot... i mean, i work with ppl with lots of anger problem so it doesn't help if i am trying to help them yet cannot help my own self.. however, when i get angry, i tend to keep it all inside, sometimes, i try to do something i really like, for example cooking, or reading so i can keep my mind of that person who made me angry.. i am rather cold to ppl when i am angry.. i do not talk, smile or anything.. i pretend that the person is not around.. that makes ppl so pissed at me coz i ignore them.... to me, that's better than me screaming at them... however, i am easily pissed when ppl act "stupid" such as when driving (not signalling, tail-gating me or not moving when it is green), not giving me what i have asked for or what not...

Depending on the situation, I could either have a hot temper or a bad temper. (Sometimes, both at the same time!)

I used to be the scream and swear and throw things type of temper. That was usually when my mother was trying to be 'helpful' but is really just being mean and pissing me off.

That's calmed down now. Mostly because I've moved out of the house and I don't have to talk to her when she gets toxic. (Hell, she doesn't even have my new cell phone number yet!)

My dad's been an angel about talking me off a ledge and getting me to retract my claws.

yeuxhonnetes said:
Example: When I was 15, my brother, who was then 10, borrowed one of my books. When he returned it, the back cover had been partly torn off. I shouted at him for not taking care of my book, and when he acted like he didn't really care, I slapped him across the face so hard that I bruised his cheek and he bawled his eyes out to high heaven.

quote]

ouch! in the US that's considered child abuse. hmmm... perhaps some anger management will help? :shrugs:

peanutbabycakes said:
ouch! in the US that's considered child abuse. hmmm... perhaps some anger management will help? :shrugs:

it doesn't matter, because he's thousands of miles away, i haven't seen him in a year, and i really don't care for him anyway :lol:. he's 16 now, so if he hasn't learnt to be more careful, that's his own silly fault

peanutbabycakes said:
yeuxhonnetes said:
Example: When I was 15, my brother, who was then 10, borrowed one of my books. When he returned it, the back cover had been partly torn off. I shouted at him for not taking care of my book, and when he acted like he didn't really care, I slapped him across the face so hard that I bruised his cheek and he bawled his eyes out to high heaven.

quote]

I don't think that's child abuse. I think that's two siblings fighting. I know a lot of siblings that do the same thing to each other. However I do think that seeking some type of help for those issues would work wonders. Although, sometimes breathing (a techniques that is sometimes used in anger management classes) does not help.:shrugs: It doesn't help me.:lol: If I'm mad, I need to beat it out of someone.:Push: Might as well be the person that ticked me off.

I confess, I can be a bit of a "Mean Girl" when you push my buttons. Stupid questions get stupid answers. Sometimes people take my answers the wrong way and I have to explain it to them. I have no problem helping you out, but if you ask me the same question all the time for 6 months, come on, you should know the answer. No one can be that ignorant. (I'm talking about adults. Children can ask me anything until the cows come home, that's fine. I'm mainly talking about my current coworkers who can't spell, remember, or comprehend above a rock) I'm as nice as pie, but I have no problem sticking up for myself. I'm not going to let anyone walk over me. Period. (I wish they had some kind of jerking smilie because that would work sooo well right here:lol: )

yes!!

I used to have a short and bad temper.. but i've improved soooooooo much!! I've become more patient, and calm. I think my temper gets triggered by certain people...mostly my family... and since I've gotten married, my super laid back husband has helped me not get worked up about everything...

so yes, it does get better...if you want it to!

elongreach said:
I don't think that's child abuse. I think that's two siblings fighting. I know a lot of siblings that do the same thing to each other. However I do think that seeking some type of help for those issues would work wonders. Although, sometimes breathing (a techniques that is sometimes used in anger management classes) does not help.:shrugs: It doesn't help me.:lol: If I'm mad, I need to beat it out of someone.:Push: Might as well be the person that ticked me off.
exactly :rochard:!

:lol: I think I have a short temper. I think that like you Yeuxhonettes, I go into a RAGE when I cannot find something. That is the worst feeling because I KNOW where everything is. I just can't take it when I can't find something,=THAT drives me mad.:mad: :hysteric:

Urmmm..... I can't deny it. I have nasty temper. Everyone who knows me will tell you this. Even my circle of friends will agree I'm the ***** in the group. My sis is constantly amazed there are men who can put up with me, and she always tells DH how sorry she is for him. :wtf: Hrmpp..... I guess, when I'm good, I'm very, very good. :rolleyes: DH says he's likes the fact he sees the 'nice' side of me that not everyone sees. I don't mind. People know they can't push me around and less people bug me with crap.

Oh yeah, and I hold grudges forever.

WOW!!!
I am just surprised at how many young women here have such bad nasty tempers! :wtf: :shrugs:

I have never had a temper. I am one to cry if something makes me mad or upset. I don't know why... It really drives me crazy sometimes, because my emotions usually don't equal the situation.

I wanted to say though, you young women are wasting a lot of emotional energy getting so angry. Maybe yoga or meditation might help? :idea: