Do you have a "routine" hunting your holy grail (scarf, bag...)?

millivanilli

Jan 29, 2016
Dear all,

it might be the most stupid question ever, but I am wondering if you have a routine, hunting your holy grail item?

I am wondering, because I missed so many opportunities to buy one of my holy grail scarfs. Though I tend to check the internet on a daily basis, someone is always quicker than me, catching the item, be it on H.com or ebay or Anns find .... It is SO frustrating:sad:

So: do you have a routine, do you check on a regular basis, do you have an alert, how do you do it?

TIA!

Last edited:
Reactions: lastnametea
I've come to the conclusion that many Holy Grail searches for a whatever become more about the hunt than the item itself. That said, there are some things I'd like, a box Kelly being one of them, but I'm not going to buy a bunch of Hermes products that I don't want just to get on the list.

I'm assuming you're talking about Holy Grails that are no longer in production?

I'm basically like you, I have a window with tabs always open that I check morning and afternoon. I have ebay alerts/poshmark alerts set for certain keywords, too. I do occasionally make ISO posts here on purseforum, and on poshmark, and once it did help me get a scarf I had been looking for!

I'm sure I miss out on things occasionally. I figure that part of the fun of a grail is the search; I expect it could take a lot of time for some of them to pop up.

I found the out of production black/white/grey Jungle Love Twillies At Madison Ave., Couture.The Hermès stores were not returning my calls, and they were sold out online. I went ahead and ordered the scarf in the same I had been eyeing on Hermes.com because I don’t want to miss out again! I now have a Jungle Love scarf in black and white, as well as the green/blue one. These can be tied together to make a tunic. When I am looking for a specific bag, I usually scour resale sites obsessively, but then take a break and tell myself if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be and I don’t need any more bags anyway ha ha. In the process, I often run across some thing else that I love and end up buying it instead.

My HG searches come in spurts, depending on how much/little I have going on in real life and how obsessed I am with acquiring said HG. I do check H.com almost daily to see what is currently available and I have saved searches with notifications on resale sites such as F-phile, TRR, and AFF. The past 10.5 months at home during pandemic has allowed me to make obsessive daily searches and create new HG lists that I am sure I would not have made had I not needed pleasant distractions. I agree with @rose60610 in that the half the fun is the hunt!!!

My HG searches come in spurts, depending on how much/little I have going on in real life and how obsessed I am with acquiring said HG. I do check H.com almost daily to see what is currently available and I have saved searches with notifications on resale sites such as F-phile, TRR, and AFF. The past 10.5 months at home during pandemic has allowed me to make obsessive daily searches and create new HG lists that I am sure I would not have made had I not needed pleasant distractions. I agree with @rose60610 in that the half the fun is the hunt!!!

Similar. Sometimes (like right now) I can obsess and go into a full-blown search scouring the Internet (all of those sites you mentioned and others) for days or weeks on end... Otherwise I can go for long stretches of time without any purchases, but it depends on how busy I am.

I have a bookmark folder with all the daily visited sites: purseblog (for inspiration, the fix, the community...), resellers, H.com...
In firefox, the last line if i hover over the folder is "open all in tabs"

I tend to heavily filter, so I bookmark them with the filters:
example: I really like the silk GMs, but am very picky about design and CW.
So I filter for size and material:

I am looking for a Halzan, so I put "Halzan" into the search field and bookmark the result for my daily disappointment:

Or wherever possible I have "sort by new" in the filter integrated in the bookmark.
When keeping is as specific as possible it does not take a lot of time to screen through things.

good luck

I have a bookmark folder with all the daily visited sites: purseblog (for inspiration, the fix, the community...), resellers, H.com...
In firefox, the last line if i hover over the folder is "open all in tabs"

I tend to heavily filter, so I bookmark them with the filters:
example: I really like the silk GMs, but am very picky about design and CW.
So I filter for size and material:

I am looking for a Halzan, so I put "Halzan" into the search field and bookmark the result for my daily disappointment:

Or wherever possible I have "sort by new" in the filter integrated in the bookmark.
When keeping is as specific as possible it does not take a lot of time to screen through things.

good luck
Ok I have to admit I laughed out loud when read the “daily disappointment” comment. Lol. We ALL have sooooooo been there with you on this!! :wave:

When I want something, I plug in a search and ask some TPfers for help/advice/ another set of eyes. My advice is, if you see something you are have been actively searching for, buy immediately and don’t hesitate. Especially a scarf. I have a lot of sellers remorse and am searching for things that I mistakenly let go.

It is such a shame... today is March the 3rd and I am finally able to participate in my own thread. Weeks have been HELL over here, so please accept my appologies. Home schooling isn't over yet, by today we reached the magical number: 1 year of home schooling without any day back to school due to closing, opening and at the same time closing, then quaratine, then closing, then opening - oops quaratine again, me getting COVID (no school for daughter then), classmate getting sick (guess what), and so on...

That said, I want to thank all of you for your ideas, your wise words and your how -to's.

I invented bookmarking and startet a routine, every morning checking the websites I am usually stalking... so after 7 years (SEVEN!!!) I finally managed to catch one if my hunted scarf, Zebra Pegasus...
My learning is, that - for me - I really do need a daily routine checking websites, asking sellers, bookmarking websites.

Wanna see my holy grail?

It is such a shame... today is March the 3rd and I am finally able to participate in my own thread. Weeks have been HELL over here, so please accept my appologies. Home schooling isn't over yet, by today we reached the magical number: 1 year of home schooling without any day back to school due to closing, opening and at the same time closing, then quaratine, then closing, then opening - oops quaratine again, me getting COVID (no school for daughter then), classmate getting sick (guess what), and so on...

That said, I want to thank all of you for your ideas, your wise words and your how -to's.

I invented bookmarking and startet a routine, every morning checking the websites I am usually stalking... so after 7 years (SEVEN!!!) I finally managed to catch one if my hunted scarf, Zebra Pegasus...
My learning is, that - for me - I really do need a daily routine checking websites, asking sellers, bookmarking websites.

Wanna see my holy grail?
Yes. Please share!