Do you have a new, unused coach bag that you just can't return?!

Erm.......yes I do! I have a couple of bags still NWT. Some are awaiting autumn, including one that I was holding for spring but she kept getting pushed back when I found other must-have bags :biggrin:. Others are on the "eligible for return" bus.

My most embarassing NWT is my first FP delete score, my darling XL Leather Chain grey Garnet that I bought during the winter! At first I didn't carry her because the weather was crappy and I wanted to protect her, then I was waiting for Apple Conditioner, then came Zoe (sigh) and I didn't want to change out of her, then I bought other bags that I wanted to carry right away because I was so excited about them, then I started worrying that maybe she was too XL to carry to work along with my laptop bag (actually a laptop backpack) although I am a big girl, then springtime arrived and it was time for more colorful bags...yadda yadda yadda....I'm still on the fence about using her as a work purse because she looks odd when carried with my backpack. Yet, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her texturized leather and color, and I would definitely regret it if I let her go. She is so comfy on the shoulder, I love her shape, and the chain and silver studs are so bada** on a purse with such a ladylike shape.

There's also this mini skinny.....I'm a one-wallet person, one wallet per season. I have only one use for a mini skinny right now, and that's to hold my frequent shopper club cards. I have a Penelope mini skinny in my purse right now, performing this very function. The mini skinny that I can't let go, that is still NWT in my purse cabinet, is the raspberry jewel mini skinny. After I snagged the raspberry and lavender Poppy heart coin purses during the spring, I reasoned I would return the jewel mini skinny. After all, I loved the raspberry heart more and it holds more stuff, right? Well, when I arrived home, I pulled out the mini skinny, looked at it, and fell in love with it all over again. Every time I try to return it, I look at it, fall in love with it again and tell myself "I can't return this little beauty!" And so it sits, waiting for me to use it although I don't want to ruin it. So why return a mini skinny in the first place? Simple: I don't want to hold on to NWT things that I don't love or won't use just because they are little and relatively inexpensive, because those little things add up and I could use that money towards a bag! :nuts:

There are a few others, but these are the most drastic examples!

I always snip the tags off and switch into a new item pretty much instantly. As soon as I get it, i'm using it.

Ladies, don't be afraid to use your bags!! They get better with use/age, I promise! I have 2 bags in particular that I have very slightly even "abused" and they just look better. The leather looks great and they are so comfortable. I love that they no longer look brand new.

See, I come from a different line of thought (though I totally see your point of view, and agree that Coachies should wear the bags they buy)-- I like to wear a bag when I'm ready to wear it. It sounds silly, but sometimes I'm feeling a style and sometimes I know I'll feel it in the future, but am just not done with whatever bag I'm carrying at that time.... and if the bag I'm feeling (for future use) is even vaguely on sale (or PCE), I'll buy it and put it away.

I ALWAYS take these bags out eventually, and when I do, I'm very glad I waited and didn't gorge on all my bags at once. It's like having a brand new bag not when the outlet/FP store says I may (just b/c it hits the stores then), but because that's exactly when I want it.

I AM all about wearing my bags, though, even if it takes a little while for me to get into them. I don't think I would buy a bag if it seemed too fragile for me to feel comfortable wearing on a daily basis. :P