Do you have a Marc Jacobs Stam?

ajamesgrly

~Jamie~
O.G.
Feb 2, 2006
HI everyone...this is my first posting, so I don't know if this bag has been brought up...but does anyone own a Marc Jacobs Stam bag?? It really caught my eye when I saw some girl at the grocery store today. she had it petrol blue and it was gorgeous. I was wondering if anyof you own one, what are likes/dislike, or if you have any pics.

I went on ebay to see what was in store and there were so many to bid on. A bunch of those have got be fakes the prices were rangin from 1,000 to 99 bucks? I'm not too familiar with MJ and what to look for in a legit bag...so hopefully you guys can help me out. What do you guys think of this one?? Thanks so much!! ~jamie

http://cgi.ebay.com/GORGEOUS-IVORY-MARC-JACOBS-STAM-NWT_W0QQitemZ6853472187QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's many threads on this subject - but I'll just answer for simplicity sake.

I owned the stam and returned it. It was bulky for my size (I'm 5'2"). It's a beautiful bag to look at, and it took everything I had to return it. Instead I got the Elise in Midnight. It's a better size for me, and I love it.

I realize the leather would probably get softer over time, but it just wasn't the bag for me. Stams in general are hard to find. I doubt you'll pay anything less than retail.

There are only a handful of real Stams on eBay right now--all are priced above the retail price of $1200. The link you posted is definitely a fake bag. If you want a real Stam there are still a few out there in stores. You could try calling Nordstrom or Neimans to see if they could locate one for you. The Marc Jacobs store in San Francisco still has Stams in blush and cola patent leather.

These really are beautiful bags--I have one in black--but to be honest, I'm still deciding whether to keep mine because it's rather big and heavy.

Good luck!

What Valerie said. That one is fake. You will not get a real one for under retail on ebay unless it is used. The fakes are RAMPANT on ebay! :evil:

It might take a few phone calls, but the real bags are still readily available. Call around..... do not try to get a "deal" on ebay.

i think the bag on ebay is fake.but i have good news!!!=)You can get a stam putty bag on net-a-porter.com now..i just saw it there a few minutes ago...hope this helps//

i must say last week, i went through a phase of wanting a MJ Stam, but its passed (again) im sure in a couple of weeks it will rear its head again!

good luck on what you decide, i totally think the petrol/blue is YUM! :amuse:

I'm with Addicted. I had bought a Resort 06 Stam in icy taupe leather--returned it. Then got the Spring 06 Stam in black with the new and improved lock. But I returned that one too. The bag just wasn't working for me and I like big bags...

The main issue was the bulkiness of the bag. The first ones from winter were apparently slouchier--but had issues with the lock, people complained that it popped open... Then the Resort ones were made with more structure. Then the current Spring versions have an improved lock and are even more structured. If the bag was just a tad smaller, I could probably love it. But it just didn't work for me. Those are the down-sides of the purse.

It's otherwise beautiful and I love looking at it. But I just couldn't see myself using it...

I really like Stam and going to get it now.... I dont really like it when I first saw it at other forum but the more i look at it, the more i like it now! I need to have one!!

thanks for all of your replies! at least now i'm a little more familiar with the bag...I like how you don't see very many people with an MJ as opposed to gucci/lv/coach...but that doesn't mean I don't love those designers as well. It would be wonderful to get that bag...but honestly I can't afford that price tag...I'm just a student, I guess I'll just go for the wapity or HL sac for now...=( And I really don't wanna buy a fake.

Since buying one is out of the question for me at the moment...does anyone have an pics of their MJ Stam that they would like to post?...I really love looking at everyones bags instead of the stock eluxury photos

P.S. has anyone bought the MJ Brigitte??? I'd love to see that bag on someone besides jessica simpson!

thanks...Jamie :biggrin:

i have a violet stam. i love the color, not happy with the weight and size of it. i'm 5'7" and 105 pounds but it still seems to overshadow me.
still, i've got pretty nice comments on it, altho alot of my LV-totting girlfriends get a very puzzled look when i tell them its marc jacob's stam. i guess we come from very different taste backgrounds.

I have a Putty Stam myself. I normally don't like big bags, but I am so in love with this one! It hold it's shape really well and I don't find it to be that big.

My favorite feature on this one is the blue suede lining. If you're on the fence at all, I'd say go for it! It's really a gorgeous bag.