Do you have a limit?...

Kishmee

(.вυттєrflу кiѕѕєѕ~)
O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
or do you just buy things you like right away?

I noticed some of tpf members and many of my friends have to really save money for a bag or some other type or luxury for quite some time before they can buy it.
I have nothing against it or it's not i'm looking down on people. I have deep respect for people who do.

Sometimes when going out shopping with friends and they see something they like and it's waaay out of their budget they don't but it.
And i see something I absolutley love i can buy it without looking at the price. I find myself eventually not buying it because i don't want them to think thay they are less because they cannot afford it and i can.

Sometimes what i do then i buy it when i'm just shopping with my Fiance.

Other question is for "friends side" How do you feel when you are with a friend who buys all the luxury that he or she wants and you have to wait a bit before you can buy it?

BTW TPF ROCKS!!:heart:

I never thought about it before but...
Yes, I have a limit and I've reached it this month! I never thought I could reach it. I always bought anything I wanted without looking at the price tag first.

I feel a little sad now seeing my friends spending lots of $$$ for something I want too.

But luckily this month has only 2 days to go!

I have a lot of things I want but I don't necessairly need, if I see something I like in the stores, I always go home to think about it first ... I think to myself do I really NEED this item, am I going to use it regularly or just use it for a couple of weeks then get bored of it? I always force myself to justify a purchase, I think it's very, very, very unfair of us to spend so much money on bags, clothes and food whilst other people are dying ... Therefore everytime I spend over £100, I always donate £30 to Wateraid ;)

^ that's very good of you kiewietnana.
My family donate alot in charities, especially fight for cancer and for warchild.
I do voluntary work aswell when i can. I feel it's the least i could give back for having a wonderful life when others are suffering...

But as for my friends, they always make jokes like "oh she can buy it coz her dad just gave her a platinum card" and when i sometimes say like "oh my this is so cheap" refering to some accessories that i want to buy or a shirt that is on sale, they say "why are you looking at the price tag, your parents give carte blanche on everything"
This especially happens when i want to but louis vuitton. Weather it's a bag or shoes.
For the past 3 years i only buy Louis vuitton. I don't really care much for other brands. Anyone have this aswell?

I feel so sad and annoyed when they this sometimes. I have some friends who are "like" me. I feel more comfortable shopping with them but sometimes they can be abit shallow.
yes i get alot from my parents still but i work aswell and i work hard for my money.

Thanks everyone for letting this abit off my chest!:heart:

Sometimes.. a little. I am a little more impulsive than some of my friends, but not all of them ! If it's something that's really, really, large - I do like to think about it.

Yes, I have a limit I am NOT a millionaire. I have to look at prices and see if they fit in a budget. None of my friends are overly wealthy so I cannot answer the other question. I have more than most people I know.

Limit? What's that???
No serious, yes, I have a limit but I do always try to make room for my LV's!!!
- I just try to make sure that I really want them. But then again, I want them all.

I think my limit is also my hubby's mouth of reason!!! LOL but then again, " a happy wife is a happy life!!!!" :smile:

Yes, I have a limit, but it's partly a personal limit. I always look at the price of items because I work for my $$ and for the effort and time I put in to make my $$ I refuse to be "wasteful" with my money. :yes:

But ultimately "waste" becomes a very subjective word. I know I purchase lots of things that seem very wasteful to other people. That's also why I tend to shop by myself for some items (or I go with specific friends for that shopping trip - I too do not like the comments). :shame:

With that said, my limit becomes more of a logic limit for me. If the item is worth that much $$ (IMO), then I'll purchase it. Otherwise, I would feel I was tricked into wasting my $$. :heart:

^ that's very good of you kiewietnana.

- Thank you Kishmee :yes: ... Whenever I go to buy goods like LV I tend to go on my own as I would know that my friends would also comment on me spending that amount! Hopefully when I first enter university in 2/3 weeks time, I will find a group of close friends who I will be comfortable in making such purchases!

^^ Thanks all for your input. When i said that i don't look at the pricetag when i purchase something i mean it when it comes to traveling or something. I'm 24 and i love to travel an my parents really spoil me and my othe siblings with travel.
And with buying Louis Vuitton. I only buy a handbag if i'm really really inlove with it and not buying it for the sake of buying and same goes for clothes and shoes.

I used to say I would never spend more than $1000 on a bag, then $1500, then ok really $2,000 :thinking:but I just purchased the Mahina so I guess that motto went out the door..lol LV is just SO FUN that it is hard to set a limit if you find something you really love. I am def on a ban right now though.