Do you have a limit?...

Yes, I have a limit, but it's partly a personal limit. I always look at the price of items because I work for my $$ and for the effort and time I put in to make my $$ I refuse to be "wasteful" with my money. :yes:

But ultimately "waste" becomes a very subjective word. I know I purchase lots of things that seem very wasteful to other people. That's also why I tend to shop by myself for some items (or I go with specific friends for that shopping trip - I too do not like the comments). :shame:

With that said, my limit becomes more of a logic limit for me. If the item is worth that much $$ (IMO), then I'll purchase it. Otherwise, I would feel I was tricked into wasting my $$. :heart:

ITA. I also don't like the comments. I also shop by myself and that to me, is so much more funner. I don't need people around me that I'm forced to follow and wait for them to do their shopping, it's a lot less hassle without them in the way.

But I also watch what I buy. I plan on stopping soon after this year. It's going to be hard, but in the long run I'll be glad I did.

^^ Thanks all for your input. When i said that i don't look at the pricetag when i purchase something i mean it when it comes to traveling or something. I'm 24 and i love to travel an my parents really spoil me and my othe siblings with travel.
And with buying Louis Vuitton. I only buy a handbag if i'm really really inlove with it and not buying it for the sake of buying and same goes for clothes and shoes.

Wow..you are fortunate..if you have the means and enjoy something...go for it....I find people that have things are judged more than people who do not.... which is just as rude imo...when I buy a handbag I keep it on the down low because I hate people judging me thinking or saying ,"ohh what a waste another designer bag"...would I say what a tacky cheap bag about a bag they purchased at target?? There at times is a certain stigma in carrying designer bags such as LV...maybe a backlash against mass consumerism or items that are perceived to be status oriented...I love LV because of the style and history and feel uncomfortable by others reactions at times...ahhh you cannot please everyone so please yourself!!!cheers

Yes I definitely have a limit. But mostly when I shop now, even if it's for clothes or other items, I ask myself if I really need it and when I will be using it. When I was younger I would buy clothes and shoes that are in style but would end up not using them! So now even if the item is not too expensive, I still ask myself and do a quick check. Helps me keep to my budget.

I shop alone too since I don't have friends who like or can afford luxury and I'll even wear cheaper bags to certain occasions so I won't get rude stares and make a negative impression. I don't like doing this but some people make quick judgements and if I wore a bag that cost a month salary in front of someone struggling, how would it look?

I usually do my luxury shopping by myself, sometimes with my mom or DH. The main reason for that is that I get my bags when I'm on vacation (or a nice mini-break). I know that my mom will be honest (she has excellent taste) so actually I prefer shopping with her.

I don't really have a limit, I just buy what I like and I can love something form €10 just as much as something of €1000.

Since I'm 16, people always think I'm very spoiled but I have my own internet business and work very hard and just love buying what I like and never really care what other people (except my friends) think of me, and my €€ spending habbits.

The only thing I don't like is shopping with friends in citys with a Louis Vuitton, becaus I went to Amsterdam last week and I wanted to get an iphone case and agenda. But since I went with friends I decided to not buy the Bosphore messenger Gm since, I didn't want to spend a lot of €€ when they just saw something they absolutly loved but couldn't afford. But after 15 minutes they felt uncomfortable because they got approached by an very rude SA and she asked "Can I help you" (but she actually ment "What the hell are you doing here?) so they went outside, and I asked the SA to see the bosphore GM and I decided to purchase it, and I just told my friends that I requested an empty box for my abbesses because I felt uncomfortble buying an €€ bag with them.

So I most of the time go shopping with my mum because she is very patient and never compalisn she has to wait or how much I spend on something:tup:

btw I also do that whenever I spend €100 I give €50 to charity, mostly Unicef. I think that more people should do this (not 50%) but whatever they afford to give, and if you can't give money donate some time:heart:

I have to have a limit (especially now that I'm unemployed since I quit my job which I hated). Like many of you, I also shop for luxury items alone... Not many of my friends (nor my mom) understand why I want to pay so much for just a bag. So when I do find something I like, I go home and really think about it for a few days and then go back and get it. I mean, life is really too short and you never know what will happen. *knock on wood* So if you can afford to purchase your luxury items, then by all means GO FOR IT!! :yes:

I have a Limit...I'm living on my own and I also have to pay bills:tdown:;) But i'm fine with buying one bag or something per month.It is more fun for me to wait for things I want forever and then go and get them!

I only have certain friends who I go shopping with as they're not judgmental of how I spend my money. Regards to buying, if I want it and can afford it then I'll get it, I don't really think of practicality which is terrible. Luckily I usually decide a while in advance what I'm after.

My limit is whatever my dh sets! LOL But, he is the 1 bringing home the big $$. He is generous most of the time.

I only go to LV with him or I'll go alone. Once, a friend went in with us and I ended up having to tell him to shut up or go wait outside!

I don't shop with my friends. I'm def. more extravagant than my friends shopping wise, none of them are into luxury bags or are into designer anything. I keep my bag habit a secret and don't tell them I get a new bag/shoes/clothes. I may as a joke mention that I'm getting one, like right now we're house hunting and last week a house we were planning on fell through, so I joked that if it falls through I'm getting a new bag. That's pretty much it. I don't share my purchases with anyone except for an online friend or two or this one girl I get together with occasionally bec. she is financially well off so I don't feel guilty.

Oh and to answer the question of having a $ limit, I space out my purchases bec. my dh prefers me not to be so spoiled, lol.

I have a limit...they are my three children! I will only buy a bag if I sell one (or something else) to earn the funds. I feel a little bit guilty spending that kind of money on myself...and I refuse to use credit!

What an interesting thread! I, like many of you, shop mostly alone because when I make a significant purchase I need to really think about how/ if I will use it, and examine it. I think that is part of what comes along with having nice things. I need to know that I will appreciate the item, and that it will become part of my wardrobe of bags/shoes/clothes, etc. Otherwise, it's just clutter (nice, expensive clutter, but still...;))

As for the limit, I tend not to be impulsive, so I don't have a limit per se. I think I keep it under control because I try to buy smart and not have things I won't use. I just don't really like buying things and have them sit around, so I make sure there's a use for whatever it is I'm buying.