Do you have a limit for a bag?

Hmmmm...well, my most expensive to date is my MC Speedy at $1900. But...I really want the YSL Rive Gauche in Ostrich, and that will cost me around $5000, so I would say that my limit is around $5000. A bag is an investment, and luckily, I have a great job, and a hubby who spoils me!:yahoo:

I just think of my most expensive bag.
Me also, MC speedy and Chanel baby cabas.

I think it depends. When I first started buying bags, I didnt' make that much, so my limits were driven by my salary.

Now that I do make more, I don't think I'd spend over $2500 on a purse, unless it was something I loved and had to have.

My thoughts are, if it something that isn't too trendy that I'll love and see as a "timeless classic" in my collection, then its worth the price. Look at it this way, if you buy a $3000 purse but you know you'll keep and love it for 30 years, thats only a $100 a year for the bag.

~In my best TV announcer voice....~

Less than $10 dollars a month .......

For less than a cup of coffee a day - you too can have a Louis Vuitton bag!

So really, for a price so small, could have a lasting effect so big.....

I think it depends. When I first started buying bags, I didnt' make that much, so my limits were driven by my salary.

Now that I do make more, I don't think I'd spend over $2500 on a purse, unless it was something I loved and had to have.

My thoughts are, if it something that isn't too trendy that I'll love and see as a "timeless classic" in my collection, then its worth the price. Look at it this way, if you buy a $3000 purse but you know you'll keep and love it for 30 years, thats only a $100 a year for the bag.

[quoote=LAmakeup;1877979]I remember back in the day....when I bought my tiger print kate spade (remember that?) and it was like $250-300. I thought that was soooo much money for a bag![/quote]

I know!!! Seems like years ago. In about 1992-03 I spent about $400-$500 apiece on two Fendi bags. They were the "old" traditional Fendi stripe satchels. Bought them both at Bloomingdale's. One in the tan/black stripe and one in off-white/biege stripe. It was an obscene amount of money for me to spend at the time and I don't think anyone could have loved their bags more than me. Bought matching wallets too. :nuts: