Books & Music Do you have a KINDLE? (ereader) Official thread: Please discuss

I still buy hardcover books but only the ones I really loved. Maybe 1 in 20 make the cut. I do also collect signed/limited edition books so there are plenty of actual books around.

I just broke down and ordered a kindle. I generally much prefer reading a physical book printed on paper, but my brother and mother got Kindles and I was playing with theirs and I really liked some of the features like being able to search the book and being able to click on a word and get the definition and etymology and a link to the Wikipedia page. The screen is reminiscent of a book page but then it conveniently lights up when it gets dark. Plus I feel like books are taking over my house so it will be nice to have a bunch on one little device. So much better for traveling too than lugging all those heavy books around. I'm looking forward to using it. I got the voyage.
Question for all of you Kindle users: Do you still buy physical books too? Because I feel like there are still some books I'll want a physical copy of.

My DH's Kindle Fire HDX, just pooped out after 2 years. The power receptacle, no longer works, and cannot be easily repaired, like the earlier generations. Apparently, this is a common issue.

Welcome the new Fire HD8. So far the DH likes it. After he uses it for a couple of weeks, I'll post his review.

I have a Kobo (it's basically the Canadian Kindle, I think). It's not one of the fancy ones (it doesn't have backlight or anything) but I really like it. :smile: I've been using it for 4 years now and I actually prefer it to physical books, especially because it's so easy to bring everywhere. I know people that haven't liked ereaders, but mine works for me.

Kindle Oasis, the thinnest and lightest Kindle, with an all-new ergonomic design, page turn buttons, and an included leather charging cover which, when added, provides months of battery life through a unique dual-battery charging system, just $289.99.

Just when I thought the Voyage was overpriced, the Oasis takes the cake. You pay almost $300 and yet it doesn't have a color screen, no microphone, and it still cannot play audiobooks... Waste of money.