Do you have a "Hermes Ceiling"?

hmmm have thought about this one and i do not cross the line in terms of one item a sadlle i wanted for deccor all in croc just way over the top !

and some times the shoes i cant get past the fact that my boots are many times ,more leather more of a craft as opsed to the espadriles that are almost half my boots !

and the diamond birkin i had one i loved it and now that i sold it i keep thinking were the diamonds so very important to me ? ............... im still tinking about this one ijiijijijijijijijij

I've discovered that I have a major mental block when it comes to the croc Kelly Pochette. I *love* croc, and I have other bags in matte & shiny croc, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a bag to take out clubbing, when I know others are inevitably going to touch / bump into / spill on it, and then piggy will want to cry (/(oo)\)`

My "ceiling" is just all over the place lol

I balk at nice dealership keychains but I adore Carmens and have started collecting them in my fav H colours... At about 10x the dealership prices! LoL

And boots... I'm currently obsessed with wanting a certain pair but can not for the life of me justify the price in my head :girlsigh:

well my only "ceiling" is my taste. i only buy what i truly love (and thus will wear use etc even if it is only once a year)
if my feelings are so-so about an item even if it is not high $ wise i just will and can not buy it

ITA! In a way, I'm almost every SA's worst nightmare as I make up my mind rather quickly whether or not I like the item.

But what a way to go - the raisin by itself was worth it!

I looked at the debridee cuff, and haven't yet recovered from the sticker shock of an unembelished piece in sterling silver for that price. :faint:

But what a way to go - the raisin by itself was worth it!

I looked at the debridee cuff, and haven't yet recovered from the sticker shock of an unembelished piece in sterling silver for that price. :faint:

Roo, I know what you mean about the prices of sterling pieces, but they are so beautiful, so finely finished, have such a great feel, that they are really worth it -- if you will wear the piece often enough.

My ceiling has dropped over the years, and now that I am almost 40, I feel that I have learned so much about myself through buying so many different bags and accessories throughout the years. In prior years, if I liked something, I just bought it. I would use a few times, and never use again. What an expensive waste! What do I know about myself now? I am a Kelly 35 girl. All of my Chanel flaps, as much I like the look, just do not work for me I am too hard on my bags and they don't hold up was well as the Kelly....at least not for me. Yes, I love the look of the Birkin and own a couple, but they sit and sit and never get used. I need a shoulder strap and a handle. This is my lifestyle right now. Perhaps when I am 50, I will need something else other than Kelly 35. I don't wear jewelry, other than my diamond rings, I am too hard on shoes, I don't wear belts, and the list goes on.

It has been an expensive road to self-discovery. I wear a scarf or a cashmere stole/shawl everyday, so my ceiling is much higher for these. It is probably the one accessory I cannot live without. So there you have it. Skies the limit for Kelly 35 and scarves. Everything else for me, no matter how much I drool, is the floor. Hopefully I can look back at this thread in another 10 years and see how my lifestyle has changed.

Out of principle, I do not like the idea of exotics and therefore, cannot justify their cost. I suppose that s my ceiling.

Also I wont buy form resellers - so as regards a specific product, the resellers premium added to the product is also a different type of ceiling.

My ceilings for all things are all over the place. I must truly get value for my dollar, and I like to have things that are unique. I'll spend top dollar for beautiful fabrics, both for home furnishings and clothing (I often have things made). I'll pay a lot for antiques. I adore fine china and silver but I know where to get good value and that's not at Hermes. I would never buy Hermes jewelry -overpriced and everywhere - I prefer beautiful estate pieces that are unique ane beautifully made. I will buy GM shawls as the can take a simple cheap dress a long way and I can also wear them with cords etc. I have 5 - probably my limit.

There is no way I'd ever buy an Hermes beach towel to get all sandy and dirty and smelly. I will spend money and wonderful sheets, but have found a source I adore in London and the prices are very reasonable. I use outrageously expensive La Prairie face cream as it's the best I've ever used.

Would I buy Hermes croc? I don't know as it is inconceivable that I will ever have that kind of discretionary income. But I might buy a vintage croc Piano if my investment income ever recovers!

I have to tell you (I have two pairs and I am sure that i have lower ceilings than you generally) that the Kelly boots are a great buy. You can have send them to the Hermes spa just like bags to condition them, and they actually look great when they are worn in and have developed patina. Mine aren't that old yet but I have seen customers in the store wearing their worn-in pairs even in lighter colors. And you can get them re-soled every year. I did that last year and they look like new.
Compared to other brands' riding boots, the Kelly boots are not that much more. I think there is a much higher mark-up for other Hermes things, like jewelry and of course bags.

I'd love those "Kelly" boots but I'm so hard on my shoes that I just can't justify the cost.