Do you have a hard time buying other brands after buying LV?

giggles016

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I just want to share my experience today and see if anyone else feels this way. I have a fairly small LV collection compared to most- a neverfull, speedy, emilie wallet, mini pochette, and vernis cles. I had a 25% off coupon for the Coach boutique, and went to the mall specifically today to use it. I went into the store to look around, and had a hard time finding anything I like now that I've recently started buying LVs. Does anyone else feel this way? I felt like I was comparing all of the bags to my LVs. I kept asking myself if I liked it just as much or more than the bags I already have at home, and the answer was ultimately no, so I left empty-handed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I used to love bags from many different brands, both premier designer and contemporary brands. Do you find it difficult to venture into different brands once you start buying LV?

YES! I used to be a Coach girl. My DH bought me my first LV 8 years ago when I turned 30. Soon after I sold all of my Coach to fund more LV. Since then I haven't purchased anything else! Just can't do it. Bags, wallet, cosmetic case, key chains, etc. All are LV. I got the same coupon you did BTW. I think it's because I purchased wristlets for my 2 nieces for Christmas.

I know how you feel! Since I started buying LV I just can't find myself using any other bags. I own a Burberry and a prada but hardly use them because I miss my Lv bags too much when I do.

Instead of spending $$ on other bags I just put that money aside into my LV fund.

Definitely! I got my first LV bag on New years day 2012. I now have 5 bags and slgs/wallets. I haven't carried any other bags since because they just aren't as fun. lol
I dunno, I think its because nothing else can beat LV. =)))

I just want to share my experience today and see if anyone else feels this way. I have a fairly small LV collection compared to most- a neverfull, speedy, emilie wallet, mini pochette, and vernis cles. I had a 25% off coupon for the Coach boutique, and went to the mall specifically today to use it. I went into the store to look around, and had a hard time finding anything I like now that I've recently started buying LVs. Does anyone else feel this way? I felt like I was comparing all of the bags to my LVs. I kept asking myself if I liked it just as much or more than the bags I already have at home, and the answer was ultimately no, so I left empty-handed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I used to love bags from many different brands, both premier designer and contemporary brands. Do you find it difficult to venture into different brands once you start buying LV?

I felt the same way too, yesterday I was at coach too. I got attracted by the nice spring colors of the bags, went in take a look, and as I pick up one of the leather wallets ( so rough) compared to my empreinte secret wallet. Then I saw one of the bags that kind of look like the soon to be release "empreinte Metis" in a mint color course the price was just 10% of the LV version. I hesitate. I was thinking, 2 months later this bag will be in outlet. I think I rather save up the money to buy a better quality bag. Other than Marni, celine bags, I think other brands I always have to think over and over again is it worth it or should save it for LV.

I felt the same way too, yesterday I was at coach too. I got attracted by the nice spring colors of the bags, went in take a look, and as I pick up one of the leather wallets ( so rough) compared to my empreinte secret wallet. Then I saw one of the bags that kind of look like the soon to be release "empreinte Metis" in a mint color course the price was just 10% of the LV version. I hesitate. I was thinking, 2 months later this bag will be in outlet. I think I rather save up the money to buy a better quality bag. Other than Marni, celine bags, I think other brands I always have to think over and over again is it worth it or should save it for LV.

I had the same thought today about the Coach bags being at the outlet in a couple of months or out of style. With my Coach bags that I've bought over the years, I always like them at the time I buy them, but within a couple of months, I feel like they are out of style because they are no longer sold in the Coach boutique.

My Neverfull was my first LV and I've had it for a year and a half. I had a hard time swallowing the price at the time because I had never spent that much on a bag before, but at least it is still in style now. I just wish LVs went on sale sometimes because I am a sucker for a discount or coupon :smile:.

Yes! I have a very hard time buying or even looking at anything but LV. I went into Coach once and nothing appealed to me at all. I compare everything to LV.
I see Coach and other similar brands like Marc Jacobs as almost entry-level that anyone can have. I see LV, Gucci, Chanel and similar brands as luxury and high end.

Absolutely! I have owned Coach, Prada, Burberry, Gucci, Chanel, Hermes and Balenciaga and none of them compare to LV IMO!! The quality and style options are the BEST! I will say Balenciaga is probably my second favorite brand, though.

I used to be exclusively a Coach girl. I was turned off by Coach when I began seeing them being sold every and any where. I then ventured over to Gucci and Fendi and was content UNTIL I purchased my 1st LV (Mono Speedy 30). I can't turn back now. I did not know there was a market for pre-loved handbags (until I joined the forum). I have since sold most of my Coach (some I saved for my daughter as starter purses), I have 3 Gucci's & 1 Fendi left. They are my beater bags. My love LV is here to stay.

no, i don't stick to a particular designer. i love particular bags/items from different designers. i have a small collection of Chanel, LV & YSL bags/SLGs.

as much as i love my speedy b DE & zcp mono, the only item i want to get from LV now is another long wallet. tempted to get Sarah in pomme vernis but likely to get mono cos it's more durable. not one who baby things unfortunately.

how about Chanel? if i am going to get 1 more bag, i think it will likely be Chanel unless i am damn lucky to score a K in rouge with SHW, my HG bag :smile:

Last edited:
Although my LV's seem to be the most versatile, I've been quite happy with the quality of my Bal (Anthra City RGH), Marc Jacobs classics, Fendi and even Kate Spade vintage bags.
I also have a small collection of Longchamps for work at the hospital...too many opps for theft and germs. ;)