Do you have a hard time buying other brands after buying LV?

I have a soft spot for Chanel. And I have my eye on Prada. But I'm pretty content with by bag collection so I can focus on my true love - shoes and I don't discriminate when of comes to shoes - LV, Chanel, burberry, Miu Miu, Prada, CL, YSL, valentino, Gucci, BV, right down to Stuart Weitzman and Uggs and I often use my coach 25% off coupon for shoes. LV was actually the last premium designer that I touched in the shoe category.

Same here! Everyone took the words right out of my mouth! I used to be a Coach girl and had a pretty good collection. I wanted a Speedy but it didn't fit my budget at the time so my Boyfriend surprised me on our anniversary 2 years ago by taking me to LV and gave me a note that said "pick out any purse you want" I didn't know much about LV at all so I got the Speedy. Since then... I've been hooked and my collection is growing nicely! It's very hard for me to buy other brands now too! So once I realized I wouldn't touch the coach bags again I put them on eBay to help fund my LV obsession !

Coach has started to look very very casual now too. Remember the bags that came with the raw leather ? They changed a lot .. No glam to them anymore :sad:

I used to be into Dooney and Coach, but when I had my first LV there was no turning back. Once I had my first LV, I sold my Coach and Dooney bags (except the ones that were gifted to me) and did not have regrets ever since. The money I got from selling my Coach and Dooney went to more LVs. I used to have Gucci and Prada bags too, but none of them held any appeal for me the way LV did. So I sold them...to fund more LVs :smile:

no, i don't stick to a particular designer. i love particular bags/items from different designers. i have a small collection of Chanel, LV & YSL bags/SLGs.

as much as i love my speedy b DE & zcp mono, the only item i want to get from LV now is another long wallet. tempted to get Sarah in pomme vernis but likely to get mono cos it's more durable. not one who baby things unfortunately.

how about Chanel? if i am going to get 1 more bag, i think it will likely to be Chanel unless i am damn lucky to score a K in rouge with SHW, my HG bag :smile:

Omg I totally saw a rouge Kelly on fashionphile!!! Good luck with the hunt ;)

And I am most likely going to get myself some Gucci for my birthday which is coming up!! I've been lusting for some SLGs and shoes ;) I do like Gucci, and other designers but LV is #1 :smile:

Yes! I was just thinking about this the other day when my coach coupon came. Last time I went to Coach looking around I just did not get the same excitement as I do LV. I do have some Coach shoes and jewelry but no bags. My poor A. Wang Rocco and R. Minkoff flame never get carried anymore since I always want to grab an LV instead. I like knowing that when I buy LV it won't be on sale soon after and can retain its resale value....although I did buy a Gucci scarf that I really like because I was reading about issues with the leopard stoles.

Omg I totally saw a rouge Kelly on fashionphile!!! Good luck with the hunt ;)

And I am most likely going to get myself some Gucci for my birthday which is coming up!! I've been lusting for some SLGs and shoes ;) I do like Gucci, and other designers but LV is #1 :smile:

thanks! i want to get it from H stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dreaming it will happen 1 day*

sorry for the emphasis but the 1st time i bought online - a vintage chanel flap, it was such a terrible experience, it's not worth the hassle & pain, hence all my bags/SLGs are direct from stores.

though i may change my mind.. i don't know.. maybe cos i am not an expert in bags so getting them from the stores assures me & erases any doubts i have.

I just want to share my experience today and see if anyone else feels this way. I have a fairly small LV collection compared to most- a neverfull, speedy, emilie wallet, mini pochette, and vernis cles. I had a 25% off coupon for the Coach boutique, and went to the mall specifically today to use it. I went into the store to look around, and had a hard time finding anything I like now that I've recently started buying LVs. Does anyone else feel this way? I felt like I was comparing all of the bags to my LVs. I kept asking myself if I liked it just as much or more than the bags I already have at home, and the answer was ultimately no, so I left empty-handed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I used to love bags from many different brands, both premier designer and contemporary brands. Do you find it difficult to venture into different brands once you start buying LV?

Same here! I used to collect coach bags. But since i started buying LV i sold all my coach bags to fund my new LV purchase. Since then, i never look back! :P I fell in lvoe with LV!

i do. i got the 25% coupon from coach too. i don't even bother browsing other designers. every time i find something remotely attractive, i would think to myself "this or that x amount can go toward another lv piece". every time.. i walk away empty handed.

I have trouble buying "lower-end" brands and regular cheapie bags now I'm used to buying LV, Bal, YSL etc. I've been trying to find an inexpensive bag to take on my euro trip in June, as I'll be staying in a few hostels and I don't want to lose any of my LVs, but I just can't find one I like- I focus on poor stitching/ PU leather smell (awful!), crappy hardware... and then I give up!

I have no problem buying other high-end bags/SLGs...

thanks! i want to get it from H stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dreaming it will happen 1 day*

sorry for the emphasis but the 1st time i bought online - a vintage chanel flap, it was such a terrible experience, it's not worth the hassle & pain, hence all my bags/SLGs are direct from stores.

though i may change my mind.. i don't know.. maybe cos i am not an expert in bags so getting them from the stores assures me & erases any doubts i have.

You know what they say, "go big or go home"! :P
Go for it!! :smile: I bet she will look so beautiful and classy on you!!
I have never bought pre loved myself for those exact reasons!! Yet, sometimes it still crosses my mind, especially with the amount of money that can be saved on the MC pieces like the speedy.

I also receive the coach coupons and I cannot bring myself to buy anything from coach anymore because I've been too spoiled by LV :smile: and other premier designer brands. I will buy gifts for people from coach though.

YES!! As soon as I got my first LV I sold off all my coach and dooney & bourke purses. I got the portobello gm for xmas but didn't love it, we weren't a good fit so it went back. I've been looking for a shoulder bag in de that would be good with all the rain we get here but haven't found "the one". I ended up buying a leather coach isabelle to hold me over but dang, I'm sooo over it already. I wasn't ever super excited about it. I haven't even it a month and I'm already thinking about selling it! It is convenient and is worry free so that is nice but so far I haven't found anything that I enjoy as much as LV.