Do you have a dressing table/vanity?

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
Just wondering if anybody has a dressing table or vanity table where you sit to get dressed, do hair, put on makeup or just generally primp and preen. I usually just put on my lotions in the bathroom after I take a shower. I do my hair standing in front of the bathroom sink.

I've always been a girly girl and I love the idea of sitting at a vanity but I have never had one. I was thinking it might be nice to finally get one. To have a nice comfortable place to do all my girly stuff.

Does anyone here have a vanity? If you have one is it in your bedroom or in the bathroom or do you have an entire dressing room?

I always wish I had one, but I don't. I have a set of drawers with a mirror where I put my creams, etc. I usually do my makeup etc at my desk lol! I really wish I had a vanity table so I don't have to pile up my books so the mirror is high enough without me having to bend forward...

I don't have an actual vanity to sit at but I do have a seperate area in my bedroom to put on makeup.

In the Makeup forum there is a thread called "Show Us Where You Store Your Makeup" or something similar and lots of the ladies have vanity areas. It's a good thread for eye candy! :biggrin:

I don't have one anymore but i used to, i outgrew it so i got rid of it. I had too much stuff it wouldn't fit on or in it. Now i have a bookcase where i keep all my makeup and beauty products. I generally just stand in front of our big dresser mirror to do hair and makeup.

I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I was bored yesterday and just started taking random pictures and one was of my vanity! So yes I have one and always have. I love it and need this little psace for me and I also have a chair in back of it for whoever is over when I am getting ready so I have someone to chat with while I do my makeup. They have wine...I get ready:smile: Here's mine and my chat chair:
(Sorry they are blurry..my camera sucks on this setting)

Attachments

• phpnVI8SMPM.jpg
    phpnVI8SMPM.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 459
  • phpT5LcetPM.jpg
    phpT5LcetPM.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 479
  • rsz_dscn1947.jpg
    rsz_dscn1947.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
yeeeup. its an antique but I don't always use it to primp - more to keep all the things like perfumes and such I need handy while I get dressed. I use the bathroom mirror to primp more because of the better lighting. (our bedroom lighting is more ambient than illuminating).

Here is a partial photo I took a while back of my vanity just because I like the way my bags were lined up on it! :biggrin: (they looked like they were primping!)

vanity.jpg

I don't currently, but the house we are looking at getting has one built in...Id love to have one so I'm hoping we get it! It seems so girly. And then theres a whole separate place for the organization freak in me to crazy on! :biggrin:

I don't have a vanity but there is this little space in our hallway that leads to our master bathroom from the our bedroom. I only do my make-up here. I wish I had a nicer one but this works for now. :flowers:

vanity.jpg

Yes, mine is built right into my bathroom-with a bench that slides underneath it.

You are so lucky! I saw one of these built in vanities online and it looked so fancy. I have a big bathroom but not sure if it's big enough for a dressing table. But if I had the space I would do one with all the lights around the mirror.

I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I was bored yesterday and just started taking random pictures and one was of my vanity! So yes I have one and always have. I love it and need this little psace for me and I also have a chair in back of it for whoever is over when I am getting ready so I have someone to chat with while I do my makeup. They have wine...I get ready:smile: Here's mine and my chat chair:
(Sorry they are blurry..my camera sucks on this setting)

How random it that! Your table is so neat and compact. And I love the chat chair! I might steal that idea from you. Hehe :graucho:

yeeeup. its an antique but I don't always use it to primp - more to keep all the things like perfumes and such I need handy while I get dressed. I use the bathroom mirror to primp more because of the better lighting. (our bedroom lighting is more ambient than illuminating).

Here is a partial photo I took a while back of my vanity just because I like the way my bags were lined up on it! :biggrin: (they looked like they were primping!)

View attachment 1260864

I love it!!!! You have such a nice set up there. Sigh... I always wanted a glass tray with my perfumes on it. It makes me think of old hollywood glamour, you know... Those bags are not bad either *drool* :nuts: