Do you have a dressing table/vanity?

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
Just wondering if anybody has a dressing table or vanity table where you sit to get dressed, do hair, put on makeup or just generally primp and preen. I usually just put on my lotions in the bathroom after I take a shower. I do my hair standing in front of the bathroom sink.

I've always been a girly girl and I love the idea of sitting at a vanity but I have never had one. I was thinking it might be nice to finally get one. To have a nice comfortable place to do all my girly stuff.

Does anyone here have a vanity? If you have one is it in your bedroom or in the bathroom or do you have an entire dressing room?

1DaySoon

Future Mrs.Moneybags
O.G.
Jun 13, 2008
I do!!....I'll post a pic when I get home...Its the one from Ikea that many people have on Youtube...the long table looking one.

PrincessD

Hello!!
O.G.
Jan 23, 2009
Canada
I always wish I had one, but I don't. I have a set of drawers with a mirror where I put my creams, etc. I usually do my makeup etc at my desk lol! I really wish I had a vanity table so I don't have to pile up my books so the mirror is high enough without me having to bend forward...

buzzytoes

Dog Chauffeur
O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
6600 Feet Above Sea Level
I don't have an actual vanity to sit at but I do have a seperate area in my bedroom to put on makeup.

In the Makeup forum there is a thread called "Show Us Where You Store Your Makeup" or something similar and lots of the ladies have vanity areas. It's a good thread for eye candy! :biggrin:

Designer_Love

Coach & LV Addict
Apr 16, 2009
USA
I don't have one anymore but i used to, i outgrew it so i got rid of it. I had too much stuff it wouldn't fit on or in it. Now i have a bookcase where i keep all my makeup and beauty products. I generally just stand in front of our big dresser mirror to do hair and makeup.

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
East Coaster
I used to, but I just get ready at the bathroom sink now until my BF and I move in soon. My vanity has now become my computer desk.lol.

sparklyred

Oct 28, 2009
I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I was bored yesterday and just started taking random pictures and one was of my vanity! So yes I have one and always have. I love it and need this little psace for me and I also have a chair in back of it for whoever is over when I am getting ready so I have someone to chat with while I do my makeup. They have wine...I get ready:smile: Here's mine and my chat chair:
(Sorry they are blurry..my camera sucks on this setting)

Attachments

Last edited:

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
yeeeup. its an antique but I don't always use it to primp - more to keep all the things like perfumes and such I need handy while I get dressed. I use the bathroom mirror to primp more because of the better lighting. (our bedroom lighting is more ambient than illuminating).

Here is a partial photo I took a while back of my vanity just because I like the way my bags were lined up on it! :biggrin: (they looked like they were primping!)

vanity.jpg

bjayadesigns

Apr 26, 2010
GA
I really want to get a vanity for my bedroom. I too am a total girly girl and love vintage items so Ive been looking at antique stores for one that I love!

Aug 14, 2009
I don't currently, but the house we are looking at getting has one built in...Id love to have one so I'm hoping we get it! It seems so girly. And then theres a whole separate place for the organization freak in me to crazy on! :biggrin:

HeartMyMJs

.:LiveLoveLaugh:.
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
I don't have a vanity but there is this little space in our hallway that leads to our master bathroom from the our bedroom. I only do my make-up here. I wish I had a nicer one but this works for now. :flowers:

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
Yes, mine is built right into my bathroom-with a bench that slides underneath it.
You are so lucky! I saw one of these built in vanities online and it looked so fancy. I have a big bathroom but not sure if it's big enough for a dressing table. But if I had the space I would do one with all the lights around the mirror.

I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I was bored yesterday and just started taking random pictures and one was of my vanity! So yes I have one and always have. I love it and need this little psace for me and I also have a chair in back of it for whoever is over when I am getting ready so I have someone to chat with while I do my makeup. They have wine...I get ready:smile: Here's mine and my chat chair:
(Sorry they are blurry..my camera sucks on this setting)
How random it that! Your table is so neat and compact. And I love the chat chair! I might steal that idea from you. Hehe :graucho:

yeeeup. its an antique but I don't always use it to primp - more to keep all the things like perfumes and such I need handy while I get dressed. I use the bathroom mirror to primp more because of the better lighting. (our bedroom lighting is more ambient than illuminating).

Here is a partial photo I took a while back of my vanity just because I like the way my bags were lined up on it! :biggrin: (they looked like they were primping!)

View attachment 1260864
I love it!!!! You have such a nice set up there. Sigh... I always wanted a glass tray with my perfumes on it. It makes me think of old hollywood glamour, you know... Those bags are not bad either *drool* :nuts: