Do you have a dressing table/ vanity?

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
If so, what kind do you have and where did you get it? Pics would be great too, if you want to post them!

I need some sort of a vanity or dressing table, so I'm looking for some ideas! TIA :flowers: :heart:

I do, but it was built into the house.

I live in this 1940's home that has a whole walk-in closet/dressing area. There's a vanity in the center of two storage closets. One side is typical shelves with drawers on the bottom, and the other is a shoe closet!! It's a woman's dream! :love:

Whatever women designed this closet/dressing area was a diva!

hi claire!
yvalenz~ that sounds fabulous!!

i have an antique american commode. i live in an old house as well and i have a mixed up sense of style. i guess you would call it old mixed w/ new/cottage chic! haha!
i did a google search for antique commode and found lots of french commodes. so i searched antique american.....well anyway......it fits all my stuff and keeps it pretty organized.
this pic is not mine, mine is a mess right now! it is pretty similar.

Attachments

• Commode.jpg
    Commode.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 817
No, but I'd like one. You should go to an antique store and you'll find tons of gorgeous ones! Lots were made during the 1920's-1940's and some have fab Art Deco details! I want one more for the furniture, rather than the purpose, though, when I think of it...

i have a vanity that's part of my furniture unit. it's great because it's right next to a drawer/shelf and so i have 6 stacking drawer units i placed on top and i use them for different types of cosmetics (1 for eyeshadows, 1 for lipsticks and glosses, 1 for foundations, etc)

I have one but for some reason all my books are on it and all my makeup and skin care products are spread out on my book shelves. :lol: I should try reversing it but I never get around to it.

I have one that will be here soon. Its an Ethan Allen vanity from the "kid's" collection (im 16). I plan to store my hair styling stuff in it and some odd basic makeup.

That's a good idea Elizat! My bedroom is decorated kind of Pottery Barn/ Shabby Chic and my furniture is a mixture of hand-me-downs and antiques that I refinished to match. I'm hoping to find something cheap, because I plan on painting it anyway.

I saw this table I really liked at Target, but $150 is too much to pay for particle board IMO. I wanted to find something like it and paint it myself, then buy a mirror and chair separately. But IDK how practical it would be anyway... I have a ridiculous amount of makeup :hrmm:
31eq474cU0L._SS260_.jpg

i wish! There was this gorgeous one we saw at a thrift store only 60 or 70 bucks, i wanted it so bad, but dont have a place for it :crybaby: It was all wooden i believe and it was this perfect white with this gorgeous design carved into it and it had a huge mirror, cute drawers, came with this cute white comfy seat :sad: boo! :P i should have taken a picture!

^ That sounds like what I want! My sister offered to give me her old one, but it's one of those little mini ones, it doesn't match my stuff, and I don't think it's real wood. I felt kinda bad, but it just really wasn't what I wanted...

I do, but it was built into the house.

I live in this 1940's home that has a whole walk-in closet/dressing area. There's a vanity in the center of two storage closets. One side is typical shelves with drawers on the bottom, and the other is a shoe closet!! It's a woman's dream! :love:

Whatever women designed this closet/dressing area was a diva!
i'm jealous :girlsigh:

^ That sounds like what I want! My sister offered to give me her old one, but it's one of those little mini ones, it doesn't match my stuff, and I don't think it's real wood. I felt kinda bad, but it just really wasn't what I wanted...
louie said he would have bought me it if we had a place for it, because it was kind of big, not huge, but big haha :P it was like the perfect size. you would have loved it too! *sigh* one day when we get a house i will be able to get one. for now i have this huge counter in the bathroom that i take up over half of it haha :P