Do you have a coin purse?

ginaf20697

O.G.
Nov 11, 2005
I am your typical paranoid NYer (or ex-NYer anyway). I don't like carrying a wallet so I have two little purses. One holds cards and large bills and the other small bills and change. The latter is kept handy but the card purse is tucked in a safe place. I always figured it would give me something to keep any muggers fairly happy while keeping a hold of the important stuff.

pursemama

Pursaholic
Jan 17, 2006
hatikuh said:
I prefer wallets that comes with a zipper compartment for coins. It does get bulky though

Besides my LV wallet with a compartment for coins, I also carry my matching coin purse. Here in San Francisco, I drive alot...so that means I have to carry alot of quarters :evil: ..so expensive! Anyway, I couldn't resist the cute coin purse...:shame: .

essential

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Thanks for your inputs. I have my eyes on a very cute coin purse but I am concerned re the practicality of it.I can forsee myself getting changes (both bills and coins) while grocery shopping and having a difficult time trying to separate them into my wallet and coin purse with a lot of people standing in line behind me. But I do have a wallet with coin compartment so I guess I can just stuff everything in my wallet and separate them at home. haha.. the things I'll do for a cute coin purse..

helenNZ

O.G.
Jan 8, 2006
hatikuh said:
I prefer wallets that comes with a zipper compartment for coins. It does get bulky though

me too... but sometimes its just so funny - the coin part is so full you cant zip it up and then other times it just completely empty! and it feels like you're so poor! :shame:

good luck! :amuse:

Ammietwist

Feb 5, 2006
I only carry a cheapo fabric coin purse when I know I'm going to be using the coins up (flea market for drinks, garage sales). Otherwise they go into the zip compartment of my LV wallet. It holds quite a bit, and I tend to take them out at the end of each day anyway.

Inky Paws

Oct 19, 2005
My wallets always have a coin compartment. I did buy a Brahmen but only cuz it was so cute and I like to buy some type of accessory for my purses like a key chain or sunglass holder. i don't really use the coin purse, I pay with check or charge card. Cureently is it sitting in my auto to hold my spare change when I need it.

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
I have a Vuitton MC cles, a monogram cles and an Coach azure signature mini skinny. People use these as card holders, but I just don't get it, they're always going to be coin purses to me ~!