Do You Have a Chanel Handbag in the Back of Your Closet Never Being Carried? If So, What & Why?

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
I do so I'll get us started! This is my Chanel Turquoise Quilted Lambskin Leather Classic Jumbo Double Flap Bag from 2011. I have to admit it's a gorgeous Handbag, but when it's time to Rotate, it Just Never Gets Chosen. I Think it's because I Have so Many Blue Chanel Handbags that I Love.
I've Come to the Conclusion that I really should sell it. But Why don't I? I Think it's because it takes a lot of Work & Time to get it Listed for Sale. Time, that's my final answer. :facepalm:
Turquoise Chanel Jumbo 002.JPG

I don't have any as of the moment with Chanel but I still have to work on with my non chanel bags. I let go some of them recently only because I think I got way too many black with ghw combo even with non chanel bags. You are so right with selling it's too much work that's why I'm trying to be more careful now with my purchases... "I'm trying" :smile: most of the time it will ended up to my mom or sis and give it to them but they always tell me to try to sell it first to friends so I can get some cash to fund the next bag.. I did try consigning as well coz I don't want to deal with headaches..

Attachments

• IMG_5828.PNG
    IMG_5828.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,355
IMG_0790.JPG Here's mine....16C m/l purple iridescent with rainbow hardware. Tag is even still attached:oh: I love the bag, but I bought the old medium boy, WOC, and multiple slgs in this exact combo, so I never seem to reach for this one. The straps of the m/l are not my favorite length, so I always reach for the boy instead. I will keep it and eventually use it, it is just too pretty for me to let it go

My medium classic double flap in black caviar. It's my first Chanel bag that my husband bought for me. So it's very special to me and I could never sell it. But I find that this bag can't carry much and it also can't be crossbody...so I end up only carrying my mini flaps or jumbos instead of this medium flap.

Reactions: sjunky13 and MrsO
I have 8 that have sat in closet for years, but I know they are there and used them every once in awhile. They are mine and I can't imagine ever selling or giving them away. They are classic styles so whenever the mood strikes me I can take them out and they still look modern. Moods and lifestyles change and I may start using them more in future and because of that, they're not leaving me!

My medium classic double flap in black caviar. It's my first Chanel bag that my husband bought for me. So it's very special to me and I could never sell it. But I find that this bag can't carry much and it also can't be crossbody...so I end up only carrying my mini flaps or jumbos instead of this medium flap.
You have hit the nail on the head for me! The fact I can't wear my classic flap m/l crossbody and the limited space means the bag I saved and saved for I barely use. Even more so now I have a 6 month old baby. All I use these days is my yen wallet thrown in our longchamp bag (with a strap) I use as a baby bag.

You have hit the nail on the head for me! The fact I can't wear my classic flap m/l crossbody and the limited space means the bag I saved and saved for I barely use. Even more so now I have a 6 month old baby. All I use these days is my yen wallet thrown in our longchamp bag (with a strap) I use as a baby bag.
Lol same here! I have a 1 year old baby and that flap bag is definitely not baby friendly! My hubby bought me that bag before we had kids. Now we have 3 girls and I guess I'll just keep it and pass it down to them one day. Twinning on the longchamp bag too! That's what I use for diaper bag, along with my mini flap for my phone and wallet.

I do so I'll get us started! This is my Chanel Turquoise Quilted Lambskin Leather Classic Jumbo Double Flap Bag from 2011. I have to admit it's a gorgeous Handbag, but when it's time to Rotate, it Just Never Gets Chosen. I Think it's because I Have so Many Blue Chanel Handbags that I Love.
I've Come to the Conclusion that I really should sell it. But Why don't I? I Think it's because it takes a lot of Work & Time to get it Listed for Sale. Time, that's my final answer. :facepalm:
View attachment 3638381
lol Tulip, Same here! I have a few pieces that I've been meaning to sell but I'm just too darn lazy! :biggrin:

Reactions: Stratford
View attachment 3638547 Here's mine....16C m/l purple iridescent with rainbow hardware. Tag is even still attached:oh: I love the bag, but I bought the old medium boy, WOC, and multiple slgs in this exact combo, so I never seem to reach for this one. The straps of the m/l are not my favorite length, so I always reach for the boy instead. I will keep it and eventually use it, it is just too pretty for me to let it go
I think that bag is drop dead gorgeous.

View attachment 3638547 Here's mine....16C m/l purple iridescent with rainbow hardware. Tag is even still attached:oh: I love the bag, but I bought the old medium boy, WOC, and multiple slgs in this exact combo, so I never seem to reach for this one. The straps of the m/l are not my favorite length, so I always reach for the boy instead. I will keep it and eventually use it, it is just too pretty for me to let it go

You have the whole collection of rainbows!!! Would loveeeee to see them all together [emoji4]

Katie, let me know when you decide to list this on sale, seriously [emoji23] i didnt buy this combo in boy and i still kicking myself until this day