Do you have a "beater" designer handbag?

I do! It's my Balenciaga Rouge Theatre Day. I got it off e-bay for a pretty good price, considering how coveted this color/style combo is, and it was pretty broken in already, with a bit of darkening on the handle, so it became my everyday bag right away. I don't worry about keeping it "mint" because it wasn't mint when I got it. I don't torture it - I'm pretty careful - but I don't baby it , either. It's gotten a tweak here and there, but being a Balenciaga it just looks more distressed and smooshy than ever. I'm just gonna wear it until it falls apart, which will hopefully be awhile.

I have a feeling my Goyard Fidji in green will wind up in this category eventually -- it feels a little too special at the moment -- but since it's going to be my rainy day bag, it's going to see some wear. It's hard to be too precious with a hobo isn't it? You can't baby them quite the same way you can a cute lil' satchel, can you?

Most of my bags are pretty much "beater" bags - I use them all the time, throw them everywhere, don't really care if I put them on the floor (providing it's not in the public washroom :nuts:). I really don't care. They are just bags. I would say THE "beater" of them all is my mono Petit Noe.

They're really not considered designer per se, but I have many LeSportsac bags that I can use as toss around bags or beaters or whatever. They're durable, waterproof, washable, everything. LOL. It's funny because some people here wouldn't be caught DEAD carrying Lesportsac, whereas I don't mind.

I don't like the concept of a "beater" bag at all. A bag that you buy to take "abuse?" I think you should buy a bag you love and use it and enjoy it. We are not two years old anymore... Also, if a bag is too "fine" or too "special" or "delicate" -- I simply won't buy it. That's a deal breaker for me.

Hmm... I'm using my Marc Jacobs Multipocket almost everyday now, because it's soooo practical and the color is neutral enough to go with almost my entire wardrobe! But I don't abuse it (or try not to LOL) and don't put it on the ground or anything, but I definitely don't mind using it! I've even taken it out in the rain when I've forgotten my umbrella a few times and it's holding up like a champ! :nuts:

A Gucci cloth medium shopper is my everyday bag and while I don't mistreat it, I do fling it around a bit, i.e. I'm not above setting it on the ground at soccer games if the grass isn't wet, LOL! Considering that the handles and bottom are cream leather, it's held up remarkably well since I've used it for at least 5 months in a row each year for the past 3 years. My big concern is getting some indelible food stain on it, so at restaurants, I keep it away from the table as best I can.

I use my Bal chocolate weekender as an everyday bag, but I draw the line at "beater" because I am absolutely anal about it. I may put it on the floor if its carpeted, but no bare floors and I almost always clean the bag when I get home if it has been anywhere other than a chair.

I have LV Speedy 30 before. And it was my beater handbag way back. But I sold it already. So I think I don't have a beater handbag at the moment.. Since I take care of them very much!

im sooo very bad with my bags and it doest matter if they are gucci, issabella fiore or kate spades! they all get a beating :sad: man i need to change that...but whatever lifes to short to be worrying about how clean your bag is, thats what the dry cleaners for ;) hehe

im really anal with my bags and i really dont give any of them beatings,,, i am REALLY careful with them

but i guess my most used bags are my Anna Corinna drawstring bag, that one was a beater last summer ,
and my coach large business tote has feet on the bottom and that i use for class and put on the floor in school, etc,,

but yea im anal with them and i need to get a bag i can beat around more!