Do you guys think the new GH bags are too trendy?

I don't think it will go out of style - I think it is gorgeous. It is more a matter of all studs and metallic hardware on bags going in and out of fashion.

Plus I think that Balengiaca bags are so classic that no matter what hardware they have they won't go out of style.

I also must admit that I'd never really been obsessed with Bbags until the GH was released...

GH looks fabulous on certain colors and styles (eg PT, Day, Work), and it's great to have that extra option with which to personalise our bag choices. Hopefully it is here to stay. It would be a bonus though if the GH got lighter :P. I wouldn't mind carrying it if it was slightly lighter than it is now. I know many other designer purses are heavy but one thing we all love abt Bbags is how light they are with the RH.

I love mine and don't care whether it remains popular or not. Although I must admit that I have had an unbelievable amount of people raving about how gorgeous my bag is - and most of them had never even heard of Balenciaga.

As someone else pointed out, I think it all depends on style and colour of the bag and leather. Some look best with RH and some with GH.

it's such a personal choice ~ but for me ~ no ~ sometimes when i see combos with certain colours & the sgh i think ooooh! ~ but when i see them irl & try them on i always find them too much! ~ i would :heart: to see a variation in colour of bal h/w but the ghw just doesn't do it for me i'm afraid :sad:

I'm definitely not a giant girl, i fell in love with balenciaga RH and still in lvoe with it. i find some GGH bags and SGH bags beautiful but it's just not for me. i heard they are heavier than the RH style, and that's a big inconvenience for me. i love light bags, that's why i'm so fond of balenciaga with RH.
i put so many stuffs in it and don't need to add in the weight of a heavy bag.

Like a few posters mentioned already, it just depends on whether you care what the current trends are, and whether you're willing to go against what is currently trendy and just do your own thing.

I suspect, for example, that if our fashion conscious returned to early 90s minimalism, that our giant gold and silver hardware bags would look wildly out of place. This crossed my mind when I got my 07 magenta city GGH, and then when I actually saw it in person, I knew it wasn't for me: it was too in your face and "now".

So I came to realize that my most favourite giant hardware is the gunmetal on the Neiman Marcus and holiday bags, because it's the least noticeable (especially against the teal colour of the NM bag). It's a good compromise for me: I can be trendy now, by carrying a bag (literally!) heavy on the hardware, and a few years from now when perhaps fashion has moved on from the hardcore hardware thing, I can still happily use my bag without being very noticeably out of style.

: )

I love mine and don't care whether it remains popular or not. Although I must admit that I have had an unbelievable amount of people raving about how gorgeous my bag is - and most of them had never even heard of Balenciaga.

As someone else pointed out, I think it all depends on style and colour of the bag and leather. Some look best with RH and some with GH.

I agree with this :yes:

I don't know about it remaining popular or becoming outdated, I worry more about how it will look in a few years. Will it tarnish? That's what worries me. The brass rh gets a few scratches but you can't really see them. I still think GH looks like thimbles.

This is the only point that stops me from dabbling in the GH range.

Once a SA was insisting I buy an Anthra WE with GGH and I told her that I'm still iffy on the GH with the worry it will tarnish.

She scoffed at me and said that she highly doubts it, however, I still walked out of the store with these concerns - and of course, withthout the GGH WE :P

So it's not really about popularity for me, more-so, the longivity of the hardware.

as the rh? I have one rh and one ggh and am eying a gsh. DH thinks the gh will be dated soon and that I won't want to wear them.

If this has been discussed, I apologize and mods can zap this (hopefully someone will steer me to the thread).

aaallabama, Well said! I'm a big fan of the GH and even if the trend fades out and GH Bbags loses their popularity I will still love and use them to death. I was never that obsessed with Bbags, the RH was never my cup of tea, cute yes, but it's just not for me. It was only till I saw the GH ones that really started my love for Bbags.
I feel the same way!