Do you guys only buy things on sale?

J_L33

O.G.
Feb 28, 2010
Ok, I think that I have a serious problem. I'm a crazy sale-hunter. Anytime I want to buy something, I wait it out for so long hoping to get a better deal on it. In the last 5 years, I think that I've bought only a handful of things for full-price. I can actually remember buying only two things full price (just speculating that there must be others I've bought at full price also, although I can't remember any).

Reasons I pay full-price for an item:
-It's the last piece (most of the time; i.e. the two item I could remember buying at full price was)
-The company doesn't have discounts (e.g. Coach, LV...etc). OK, I never bought anything from either brands mentioned...

Usually, if I do buy something for full price, or I think that I can get a better deal, I return the item and wait it out...and this behaviour is almost pathological.

I'm not a thrift-hunter, just that I feel less guilty when I buy things on sale; it matters little whether it was on sale from $10 to $5 or from $1000 to $500 (yes, this is what growing up poor does to you).

Anyone else in my shoes?

Oh u are not alone!

I always buy things on a sale too! On a huge sale, i might add. Because the thing is, imported stuff is so expensive here in indonesia compare with average income.
I used to be a poor student and my parents never really give me sufficient amount of pocket money so i earn my money since college.
I love fashion but my money is limited so i always buy things on a huge sale.
That habits is carried until now.

For example, people here love high street brand (price is considered expensive here) like zara, mango. I always purchase mine not when its on sale, i always wait until further reduction or final sale!

I know just how u feel, i always feel good whenever i can get the same exact things with others and i only pay half the price!

Oh and the thing i buy on normal price is usually the last piece

I think thats pretty normal

HTH

Absolutely...no matter how much money one has, why would someone pay more than they need to?

I buy high quality items, and only on sale or preowned. This goes for almost everything I buy...my truck, my horse trailer, my clothing, my bags. I rarely pay full price for something unless I have to (cosmetics, etc)

Needanotherbag, I totally forgot about cosmetics! That, and food. :P

I try to buy things on final sale too!
Buy things brings me so much joy, but buying things on final-sale brings me (so much joy)x100000!

I seriously need to save up money though...I have a huge wishlist of clothes I want to buy...but feeling so guilty!

only thing ive recently bought full price in the last 12 months was an hermes belt. otherwiswe, clothing and bags are almost always from sales or nyc sample sales. beauty and cosmetics are either from ebay, f&f or buy some get some.

Designer is always on sale... Shoes I will pay full price for, bags, and jewelry. High street stores like Zara, Topshop etc. I also pay full price for.

Denim and coats/jackets, never ever!

If something is significantly more expensive what I'm willing to pay, then I won't buy it and hope that it comes up later at a discounted price. However, I'm more than happy to buy investment pieces that I think are worth their full price. Especially when I think that it'll sell out before the sales. Also, I find that sizes 0-4 rarely ever turn up in sales so I have to buy most of my clothing at full price.

Me too.

I buy most of my clothing in the June / December sales. I joke to my friends that "I practically made money with the amount I saved!"

However, I do get caught up in the excitement of saving money, and end up getting extra items as impulse purchases. :sad:

I do buy some things at full price, if it is an item that will not go on sale, or will sell out.

I do it at the grocery store too.

I always wait for something I want to go on sale - there's rarely anything I think is a must-have. If it's something that is a basic I'll usually wait for it to show up on eBay and if it's something that's merely a seasonal trend I'll wait until it goes on sale. Even if it's on sale I'll check if it's cheaper on eBay first :lol:

It's a mixture really - Zara, H&M and similar I just buy full-priced as they aren't too expensive in the first place and sizes seem to go....other higher-end brands I love (DVF, Tory Burch, Equipment etc) I try to get on sale as they are really expensive full priced and you know by how much they drop at sale time.......I monitor online by adding to the wish list and if inventory gets low, normally an email is sent so I know to take action on the fullpriced item asap lol.......a couple of items I adored from these lines I did buy full priced and was happy as the sizes were gone by sale time, however recently was watching some Tory Burch jewelry, couldn't justify $150 for plastic bangles, but when they went on sale for half price, I was away from home on a worktrip, missed the sale notification & they were all gone!:cry:

Last edited:
OP - coach has 25% discounts once a month btw. register on their email list.

I don't usually buy things on sale unless its through a coupon. I have a) issues with returning things - even if I'm not going to return, I don't like to feel trapped just in case and usually designer sale stuff is final sale where I'm from. and b) I'm OCD with flaws in garments - unless it's denim most fabrics take a beating on the sales floor after so many months on display.

If something is significantly more expensive what I'm willing to pay, then I won't buy it and hope that it comes up later at a discounted price. However, I'm more than happy to buy investment pieces that I think are worth their full price. Especially when I think that it'll sell out before the sales. Also, I find that sizes 0-4 rarely ever turn up in sales so I have to buy most of my clothing at full price.

This is me exactly!

I have never bought anything full price. Sometimes I regret it when something I really want sells out before it ever gets marked down. But I recognize that I can live without these possessions, so it's not really true regret.