Do you go for pretty or practical?

My shoes are both pretty and practical... except for maybe my circa 2003 black suede pumas. But I keep 'em clean and they look good. My other non-practical shoes are my pink satin/black lace Dior platforms... so pretty but I hardly have the occasion to wear 'em. sigh. I can do a lot of walking in them, though.
Shoes aren't fun unless they're both pretty and practical. I know I'll wear them and I know they look good. My shoes have to be comfortable and good-looking.

It's extremely hard for me to find a shoe that fits me really well and when I do, I try to buy that style in every color available.

But I will buy a shoe if it's extremely beautiful even if it will hurt my feet lol

I've been going for relatively practical (as in pumps and ballet flats), but those I consider pretty (eg. Louboutin, Stella McCartney or studded Gucci pumps). Although many of my 'practical' shoes turn out not to be so practical :shame: I am trying to stop purchasing pumps now, and go for more interesting shoes (eg. Marni wedges, maybe Dior Extreme heels...but still not the very dressy/evening pretty shoes (eg. Jimmy Choo, Blahnik, evening sandals)...

i go for very practical (docs, converse, mephisto sandals, ipanema sandals) and *very* pretty *and* comfortable - which can be costly (dries van noten, louboutin, prada, miu miu).

i do not go for pretty alone anymore (i used to). i like pretty, but i don't like the pain and the bleeding part.

High and pretty all the time. The omly concession I make for practical is to always have a flat slipper/sandal type in my bag; preferably my white Michael Kors flat ring toe open back sandals :smile: