Do you go for pretty or practical?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just bought a pair of pumps in black, because black is practical and I will wear them all the time. But the red pumps were so much prettier and cooler looking than black!! What do you generally choose, pretty or practical?

2. I think my personal sense of esthetics tends toward a clean, elegant almost 'self-consciously un-pretty' look. I like uncomplicated, non-frilly, unpretentious personal items, so I suppose I choose practical over pretty. That said, I love the look of red against navy and most neutrals and have quite a few red pieces in my wardrobe, so I guess I think of red as a practical staple unlike, say for instance, Barbie pink which is far too pretty to go with my overall sense of style.

3. A little of both!

4. I like anything I buy to last a long time, so I choose pieces that are less on trend and more classic 95% of the time. So in the case of red or black shoes, I'd get black - I guess I'm 'practical' over 'pretty'.

5. i tend to go practical, for the most part... but it really depends on the item.

6. I think I've found a balance between both.

7. Whenever I try shoes on, I never think about how they're going to feel when i wear them for a few hours...I just buy them becuase of the way they appeal.
    As for clothing, if something is itchy, or the fabric isn't soft, I won't wear it, even it it is gorgeous. haha

8. Pretty! I'm always so un-practical haha.

9. It totally depends.

I just got some at least 4 in stacked wooden (yes, real wood!!) shoes. The straps are in denim and are HOT!

Now...they look GREAT but they are SO out of my element. I wore them to work today and they were great!!!

10. PRETTY! And then before I just dive in and buy everything that looks pretty, I tell myself to calm down and REALLY think about if it's practical.

I used to buy a lot of things that were just pretty and totally unpractical, but now I'm liking the idea of simplifying my life more and more. So more often than not the stuff I buy/own is both pretty AND practical. I stopped buying just for the appearance factor.

11. I go for both. Part pretty, part practical... I like a little pizzazz to my wardrobe, but still like a classic look with lots of versatility. ;)

12. I don't do practical. I naturally gravitate towards beading, embroidery, silk, cashmere, angora, lace, pintucks, beige suede, handwash only, high maintenance. I like it that way! :cutesy:

13. I go mostly for pretty....then kick myself when the shoes are painfully uncomfortable LOL

14. Both. If I were in your case, I would have probably went with black too.

15. When it comes to shoes, I always go for pretty, but I think that's just my style in general, so I don't have problems matching the shoes to anything. I also don't have that many rules as to wearing certain things for certain occasions, so I wear shoes that people might consider "special occasion" shoes more often than some.