Do you go back in time????

tanya t

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
I have been surprisingly unimpressed with the last few seasons of LV(and other fashion houses) lately. So now, I find myself revisiting past collections and beginning to obsess over them....
Some of these bags I passed on in the boutiques for one reason or another, but now I am considering them on ebay/bonanzle.
For example, I passed on the roses speedy because I felt the 30 was too small(I am a 35 type of girl), now I am wanting one....
I am also looking at the thunder bag(which I passed on because of the price tag), and the scuba.....
I am also revisiting some of chanel's past collections.....
Anyone else do this? Should I just wait things out and save?
Would love to hear yours thoughts?

Yup. I revisit all the time. I actually am looking at getting a few items from the Cerises line, right now. That's one of my favorite lines. That and the original Graffiti line.

looking into the past right now. like you nothing that LV released lately has gained my interest but I'm on the hunt for a silver dentelle speedy. I actually bought one but exchanged it for a duomo years ago. recently sold the duomo but I'm still longing for the dentelle *sigh*

I'm looking into the past right now... the upcoming lines don't do anything for me. And I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get the Damier Ebene Totally that was "supposedly" coming out. But I *really* want a Dentelle BH.

I definitely go back in time. There are bags that came out when I was in middle school or high school that I could never afford, so now that I can I am wanting them. There may have been bags that I passed up on but now wish I hadn't. I don't think you only ever have to buy new LV, because really who's going to know that you bought it pre-loved... and who cares! :smile:

I'm looking into the past right now... the upcoming lines don't do anything for me. And I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get the Damier Ebene Totally that was "supposedly" coming out. But I *really* want a Dentelle BH.

I've been debating on getting the dentelle speedy or BH. I was looking at one on the bay the other day but it ended up being a fake :sad:

I do this a LOT. I am still kicking myself for passing up the following:

Aquarelle/Watercolor Speedy 30 in White :cloud9:
Cherry Blossom Papillon {{{{LOVE!!!}}}}
Rose Pink Vernis Cosmetic Pouch
Rose Pink Vernis Trunks & Bags Key Chain/Charm
Rose Pink Vernis French Purse

There's that moment in time where it seems the site and the stores will ALWAYS have these items... and then in an instant **POOF!** the supply is gone. I'm learning the hard way to get it while it's in stock and to not assume it will be there forever.

I'm not so keen on buying pre-loved, so I must look back upon these items with fondness and a tinge of remorse.

LOVE this thread even though it brings tears to my eyes ;)

Although I haven't been an LV buyer until recently, I am already looking to the past. I'm really digging the mini lin croisette line at the moment....I'm trying to get one on ebay as we speak!

I do go back, especially for LE and discontinued styles, and I don't mind pre-loved so long as they are in pristine/good condition and at the right price. I am equally impressed by most of the new releases.

I surely do. Sometimes it takes a good while for a bag to grow on me, and sometimes im lucky and snatch the last one, some times i have to go pre-lovedy years later. Just these past months i picked up no less than 5 items from 2006
- Speedy epi moka
- Speedy epi cannelle
- speedy franges (sold it again, was too much)
- speedy perforated fuschia and
- Onatah GM aubergine

So looking at it now... 2006 must have been THE year for me, and i came around in 09/10, lol....