Do you GIFT Coach? Please share your "Gift of COACH" tale.

minissha

Jan 3, 2013
First, I unabashedly admit to having debilitating health issues. I will not diminish its indentured impact on my life. It downright sucks to have disabilities that are intrinsic/invisible. Self-actualization & acceptance is continual rehabilitative process. My family and friends (and at times even strangers) go out of their way to support me in my journey. Pity parties followed by slogans of strength is exhausting. I am humbled by people's unwavering love and kindness.

Recently, I gave Coach bags as gifts to my friends on their birthdays. Their elation and delight was a sight to behold! I also gave my teenage daughter a Coach cosmetic bag. She teared up and said that it was too expensive a gift. I simply replied, "I love you; and I want you to have it. Thank you for everything you do for me." I wasn't adulating them, rather expressing my sincere appreciation for their generosity and support in my battle. They are my unsung heroes! Coach isn't a mere materialistic gesture, it articulates volumes of gratitude and words unspoken. I am planning to stock up on Coach knick-knacks to present to my children's teachers, volunteers; and for other occasions. Sharing in others' happiness is a joyous feeling!

Please share YOUR stories of Coach gifts (either giving or receiving (or even inheriting) them)! There is a story in every Coach. :smile:

Last edited:
I gave my daughter a little Ashley crossbody for her birthday last year, and gave her and my oldest son Coach keychains for Christmas. I plan on getting her a satchel of some type for her 16th b-day ( this year ). I would love to give her a purse every year, but I'm sure it would get old after a few years. I know it's a little morbid, but she's also going to get my purses when I go to that big shopping mall in the sky. Hopefully I'll have amassed quite a collection by then.

...I know it's a little morbid, but she's also going to get my purses when I go to that big shopping mall in the sky. Hopefully I'll have amassed quite a collection by then.

I don't find it morbid at all. It is a fact of life.

Inheriting Coach may be a better than yards of fabric (also known as a wedding gown). It's a toss up!

I gave four Coach bags as gifts this past Christmas. I gave my sister a Madison leather tote, my 17 year old niece a Madison Lindsay satchel, and my 11 year old DD and my 10 year old niece the same Legacy saddle bag crossbody. My sister would never spend money on a purse, mainly because financially she can't. I can, so I bought her a very pretty bag. Same goes for my nieces. DH and I have been blessed and it feels nice to be able to be generous to loved ones.

My mother died when I was a baby, so my father moved back in with his parents to get help raising me. My grandparents grew up during the Great Depression and of course didn't spend money on anything but necessities. I think my grandmother always carried garage sale purses... because "why does it matter as long as she has money inside it".

When I was a little kid, I guess it was a tradition that I always got her coin purses. So when I got my first out-of-college job and asked her what she wanted, of course she said "just a coin purse". I showed her, I got her a Coach coin purse! (It was 20 years ago and I was just starting out, so it was more than I had spent on that sort of thing before, and she was quite impressed ... and carries it today.

Over the past few years I've given her a few bags for different uses - a Fossil, a Lesportsac for vacation, a D&B. Well last summer I got her a gorgeous black woven Kristin. I left the price tag on so she could feel like (her words) "a rich *****" for a moment... and then before she could yell at me for spending that much, I told her I got it 50% off at the outlet. So I think it made her feel extra good to have a sassy bag, but that she also taught me to look for a bargain! :smile:

Grandma 88 rockin her Kristin! :smile:

I gave my bff coach gloves for her birthday this year, and I rehabbed a classic bag and gave it to my mom. She loved that I took on a project/labor of love and loved the bag!

I love spoiling my bestie with Coach gifts. She's a single mother of three and one of them is special needs. She really stays within her budget and never splurges on herself. So 3 times a year (birthday, Christmas and MY birthday) I buy her something especially nice and usually it's Coach. This past Christmas I found out she's never owned any Mac cosmetic products so she got that instead of Coach, Her birthday is in March and I'm planning on Coach in her favorite color blue. BTW, she always cries as if she doesn't deserve it. I tell her she does because she puts up with me!

I like to have a "gift drawer" so that if I need something for someone at the spur of the moment I won't have to go out shopping. I've just recently started picking up Coach items for my drawer. The outlets are perfect for that. I have a couple things already in reserve for my MIL. We have a vendor where I work that likes to give gifts to everyone in our office. Sometimes she gives Coach. So far, she's given a siggy wristlet and a siggy zippy wallet. Last Christmas we got Tory Burch cosmetic bags. But mostly recently, I received a Penny from my boss who was moving. I've known him 15 years and worked for him the past 5 years. I'm sort like a mom to him. His last day was yesterday. Definitely for me it's as beautiful to give as it is to receive!

I give my family, friends and teachers gifts from Coach. They vary from bags to wristlets and scarves. I think it's nice to treat those who would never treat themselves especially if those people are important in our lives.

The best experience was this past Christmas. I gave a friend a madras wristlet and she moved into it on the spot and has been carrying it ever since. Previously, she had been carrying a fake so she appreciated receiving an authentic piece.

I got the most amazing nanny and a couple of years ago I got her a beautiful - and functional! - black leather Hailey for Christmas. Then for her birthday I got her a Madison black leather medium wallet.
She deserves that and more!

My mother died when I was a baby, so my father moved back in with his parents to get help raising me. My grandparents grew up during the Great Depression and of course didn't spend money on anything but necessities. I think my grandmother always carried garage sale purses... because "why does it matter as long as she has money inside it".

When I was a little kid, I guess it was a tradition that I always got her coin purses. So when I got my first out-of-college job and asked her what she wanted, of course she said "just a coin purse". I showed her, I got her a Coach coin purse! (It was 20 years ago and I was just starting out, so it was more than I had spent on that sort of thing before, and she was quite impressed ... and carries it today.

Over the past few years I've given her a few bags for different uses - a Fossil, a Lesportsac for vacation, a D&B. Well last summer I got her a gorgeous black woven Kristin. I left the price tag on so she could feel like (her words) "a rich *****" for a moment... and then before she could yell at me for spending that much, I told her I got it 50% off at the outlet. So I think it made her feel extra good to have a sassy bag, but that she also taught me to look for a bargain! :smile:

oh my gosh this is the best story ever!! I LOVE IT!! I love just how classic and timeless a Coach gift can be! Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

I am super close to my Grandma and I love this story!

I have gifted one of my friends a leather hippie with the dog/bone mix keychain...she is an incredible person who does anything for anyone but would never spend high dollars on a purse even tho she always admires mine.
I have also bought for ds girlfriend a siggie swingpack, a poopy glam ( for her bday), this week I got her the legacy swingpack in UV ( her fave color is purple). I also passed onto to her my poppy hippie in the colorful C design because I just wasn't using it enough to justify having it.
This week my dd who is 11 got her first coach, the legacy swingpack in tourmaline , previously dd has just had Vera Bradley bags.
I love to give thing s that I know the recipient will really love but prob wont be able to get for themselves.

* my friends always joke and say I should have ds girlfriend signs prenup, that if they break up she has to return the coach goodies....lol*

I give the women in my family Coach bags for Christmas and birthdays.
Example: Last year I gave my daughter a Kristin bs satchel with matching wallet for her birthday, and a leather Sophia with a wristlet for Christmas.
When I go to the outlets I always keep an eye out for gifts, things like clutches, wallets, wristlets, scarves, etc.