Do you get mad at your SO...

Blair Waldorf

Aug 15, 2006
For stuff he does in your dreams? I know it sounds INSANE but sometimes I can't help but get a little upset when I dream that my boyfriend is cheating on me or something like that. Not that I suspect that that's going on, but it makes me think of "what if" situations, and those never make me happy. Am I the only psycho?

once i dreamt that hubby and i were being chased by a yeti. he kept tripping me so i fell in the snow. turns out he'd stolen all the blankets. so i was mad at him for that. :smile:

i've gotten really upset when i have dreams where he dies in a fire (he's a firefighter/emt). i've been known to have minor meltdowns over those. they scare me a lot.

YES YES YES!!
I get mad all the time. Once I dreamt that I was out and saw him and he pretended he didn't even know me. I woke up so mad. It's happened a few other times too.

For stuff he does in your dreams? I know it sounds INSANE but sometimes I can't help but get a little upset when I dream that my boyfriend is cheating on me or something like that. Not that I suspect that that's going on, but it makes me think of "what if" situations, and those never make me happy. Am I the only psycho?

YES! All the time and I get madder when I wake up and tell him about it only to have him brush it off. So now he knows to apoligize and baby me when it happens. Smart boy, lol.

i use to but recently i haven't had any awful dreams of him cheating or doing something horrible to me. it's so funny because when i use to have these dreams i wake up not taking to him and giving him a punch or pinch, just to get back at him.

Oh, Yes. Especially when it's a really realistic-type dream and one you've just had RIGHT before you wake up for the day. It has sometimes taken me hours before I shake it. I know in my mind that it's just plain silly, but mad I am anyway.

I do too, and they stink because I know it was only a dream, but at the same time, it felt so real. They still hurt, so it's hard to just brush off as if nothing happened. i'm glad you posted this up, nerdphanie- i was starting to think i was being short- tempered and non-understanding :hysteric: How does your other react when you tell them about these dreams?

He gets an "uh-oh" face and when I start getting huffy he gets exasperated...it's good for no one. He usually apologizes but obviously doesn't mean it. The best thing he can do I guess is to assure me that that wasn't him, that he would never, etc. Gosh it's the worst when they feel so real though isn't it? I dreamt last night that he was cheating on me and when I found out, expected me to be ok with it! I was so mad...

Oh ya, I had dreams where SO cheated on me or ditched me to go traveling with his guy friends. I'll wake up all mad and call him to yell at him about it. Poor guy would be like "what did I do??" lol

once i dreamt that hubby and i were being chased by a yeti. he kept tripping me so i fell in the snow. turns out he'd stolen all the blankets. so i was mad at him for that. :smile:

:roflmfao:

I had a dream where we had two dogs (we don't have any dogs!) and one of them died in our backyard (I've never seen a backyard that looked like that in my life?!) It was so odd. And I woke up and was sad that one of our non-existant dogs died and he just laughed at me. :shame:

this is so weird lol i had one last night that he cheated on me and got the girl pregnant...yikes scary!!! i woke up in the middle of the night pissed off.

Oh man.... I have dreams that Vlad does something like cheat on me, not call me, or something like that and I become LIVID when I wake up!!! He never understands why, but I really hold dream grudges :roflmfao:

lol! This thread is hilarious. I used to have bad dreams everytime I was dating someone new, I think I was always paranoid because I have been cheated on in the past. I wouldn't get mad at them, but it was upsetting.

I am going to show this post to my husband when he gets home... to prove I am not the only one:P Yes, there are times right after waking up from a bad dream (esp. if it's about him cheating on me) I would cry but husband is always so sweet and understanding and would always console me...though I could tell by the look on his face he thinks I'm :wacko: crazy...:smile: