do you get crazy on Sale?

NewPurse

Nov 30, 2009
hi ladies!
Its end of season so Sale is ready in many parts of the country. Are you excited about what will be on Sale this year? Do you get crazy on sales like any other lady or u prefer to buy sensibly?

Special sales get my blood pumping, and I do get excited about getting my favorite things at a good price. I have to remember to dial it down a notch, because DH does all the bills, and doesn't quite understand this thing called Purse Love. But he's very generous, and spoils me. :biggrin:

^^ Yup. I only buy if brands I love are on sale at a great discounted rate. I'm talking 40%-70%+ off retail lol.

I take this time to stock up on my fave brands. Not to really blow through my cash. I'm frugal and think about 1)what in my closet goes with it? 2)can it take me past one season? 3)is it really a great deal when you factor in shipping, tax, etc.

I go crazy but I'm trying to go crazy on middle rung brands these days and not be such a label lover. I don't know if that is a great strategy. I get more and it is fun but then I have to find more space in my wardrobe to fit it all..............

Wish I had the brains to factor in tax and shipping as others have mentioned :nuts:

Sales are like my nemesis and blessing in one haha.

I also will never pay full retail unless it's something I -must- have.

Also hate the 8% CA sales tax when I'm having stuff sent there.

I tend to buy at reg price once a year only, but sales are hard to ignore. however, how many pairs of shoes do we really need? i still have shoes from last Jan's sale that I haven't worn yet.

I don't go too crazy...Im pretty good about recognizing if I will use something or not. I'm lucky though, I do our finances so if I do go a bit crazy I can sometimes slip things through :graucho:

I feel like I am pretty responsible with purchases..I usually only buy stuff that I need. I come from a frugal family since money was tight when I was younger so that mentality hasn't changed. I won't buy something that's just on sale, only if it's a very good deal I get a rush and will get it only if I need it. I'm young so I have time to spend when I'm older and am out of grad school!

I used to shop irresponsibly, buying loads of items just because they were on sale. Store closing sales were my biggest weakness. I ended up with a closet full of items that either didn't fit properly or were just not my style.

I used to see a sale and feel like I wasn't doing my part if I wasn't purchasing something. I ended up with the stupidest things, all because they were designer and on sale. Now I really evaluate if I want something, and if I will use it. I've stopped buying designer clothing online completely, since I was buying it, not liking it and not returning it since I didn't want to deal w/ S&H, etc. I don't mind going crazy if it's a good sale and I know I will use the item(s), but I try to really think before I buy now, and that goes for all items, from a gap t-shirt to buying a ton of moisturizer that's deeply discounted but I won't actually use for several months. Sometimes the clutter just ins't worth it!

Not recently. Now I take time to research what I want and wait for a good deal, usually online. I don't really shop end of season sales unless I'm stalking a bag haha
On the datg, the only thing I bought was a waffle cone maker :smile: