Do you follow protocol or do you just do your own style?

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
While I keep learning so much on TPF, I still find I stick to the style that most pleases me! I call this bag my fountain. It houses everything. I wear it with a black pant suit, jeans, just about everything since the color is so neutral and the vibe is so carefree and classy. While I read on here that with a suit one should look for a more structured bag and so on, I choose this!
I
DSCI0025.jpg

I wanted to add, I was at the hair salon the other day and they have this great gift boutique, and while buying a gift there, I came across a fantastic black satin clutch which had silver studs and a pretty black stone closure. After reading suggestions about clutches on this forum, I have learned to make sure a phone and keys will fit in it. At first I wasn't sure it is the "right" bag to wear with a black dress in a formal setting, but then I thought about it and said "why not?" While it has an edgy vibe, I think I can pull it off! Going back tomorrow and if the essentials fit inside, I will take a photo for everyone.

I think or me kind of both. I checked the trends to see if there's any sytle intrests me. but when it comes to really choose to buy, I will make sure it's spacious and convenient enough for my daily usage!:smile:

Glad to hear you're getting so much enjoyment out of your Marrakesh bag. I think your bag is great for pairing up with anything, and the only time it might look too unstructured would be in the most conservative of situations (like maybe meeting royalty? lol). If you feel like your bag says "you", then carry the heck out of it and consider yourself lucky to have found your "it" bag!

P.S. If I could fund it, I'd love that Marrakesh for myself!

I too follow both styles: what's out there that everyone carries, and what's me
In where I live, everyone is carrying Chanel (GST and Flap), Balenciaga, and Hermes (Lindy, Kelly, and Birkin) nowadays.
I took a peek on all those bags, but only Maxi Flap that catches my heart. So I bought it.
(At least I have one "what's in style in town" bag)
The rest of my collections are LVs and MiuMius (can only spot 2 MiuMius for the whole year here :sweatdrop:)

I do have a bag style... I love satchels and tend to carry and buy this type most..

But I also have a large collection of bags so I do have a bit of everything... If I like I buy it and wear it even if it is not my norm..

I think you are actually 'on-trend', mixing extremes up it where 'it's at' :biggrin:. But then you know I think Gucci anything goes with anything.

A few years ago I was thinking of buying a HUGE Gucci backpack/shoulder bag in GOLD and I was wearing a dark grey sleek Roland Mouret dress and fitted jacket. Before I tried it on I wished I'd worn jeans and tee to give the bag 'a chance'. Actually, it transformed smart work attire into fabulous - could have gone straight out to party (should have bought that darn 50% off bag :smash: another amazing opportunity missed)

I think it looks more odd that many ladies including celebs carry 35 Birkins with evening gowns to events and the theatre, to me that looks much more like taking a briefcase to a party - how many times have I seen that?

I used to watch Actor's Studio. The host had a set of about 10 questions he asked every actor. One of the questions was "What word do you hate most?" Reading this thread, I just realized how I would answer that question. I hate the word SHOULD.

SHOULD:smash:

Rules are made to be broken, IMHO. Rules are made for people who can bother to think for themselves or evaluate. Rules are ideas that are worth evaluating because they work for many people. Nothing more.

I bet your combinations of clothes and bags are divine. Don't tell the turkeys brainwash you.

Ah Papertiger and Iwantaspybag, you two are just wonderful! I was intending to download a photo of the small clutch. I just bought it but am trying to find my connection plug to download the photos. Ahhhhrrr! :shucks: The word I would use to sum up my wardrobe is pure. No blends. I only wear cotton, marino wool, cashmere or silk. That said, I am not into designer names. If an outfit that meets my fabric criteria happens to have been made by a designer, and I love it, then I buy it. I am really frugal about spending on an occasion bag since I will wear it so rarely, so when I saw this, I thought "wow! I can wear this. It has an edge." Nothing like wearing a refined black dress, diamond accessories and then a bag with a little umph. Going to try and download very soon!

Gorgeous bag, Bgaholic!

I think one of the great things about handbags is that they are so personal of an accessory. They are expensive and we choose them carefully.

I know I put a lot of myself into my bag choices. It would be silly to follow 'rules' in an area that is meant for personal expression.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no such thing as the Bag Police. I'm going to wear what I like, what I can afford, and what I can store. Period.

While I keep learning so much on TPF, I still find I stick to the style that most pleases me! I call this bag my fountain. It houses everything. I wear it with a black pant suit, jeans, just about everything since the color is so neutral and the vibe is so carefree and classy. While I read on here that with a suit one should look for a more structured bag and so on, I choose this!
I
DSCI0025.jpg

Actually I really like this bag. Who is it by?

Actually I really like this bag. Who is it by?
Thank you! That in itself is a compliment!! It is the Gucci Marrakech. The leather is thick and strong. The interior is lined in a heavy canvas and the leather braided trim all along the exterior is done by hand. Now if I could only download the inexpensive, yet funky clutch I bought I would be soooo happy! ;)

Thanks isabellam!!

Some outfits I have require the "big guns", my Hermes Bolide. And other outfits look better with my YSL Downtown--it needs that edge. But my BV Venetas and YSL Easys were purchased by me because they seem to go with everything I wear.

I think more than anything it has to look good to me and that may or may not meet some predefined rule or guideline.

The word I would use to sum up my wardrobe is pure. No blends. I only wear cotton, marino wool, cashmere or silk.

Your wardrobe sounds divine. I love clothes that feel good. If I had your wardrobe I would be worried that everyone would want to pet me and cuddle with my clothes while I was in them. Yikes!

Look forward to seeing the classy edgy bag with umph.