Do you follow an influencer?

Hi!

I "follow" for content that is of interest to me/ I like - and/or because I know the person, some people I "follow" are considered/ could be considered being "influencers".

I generally and absolutely don't do the whole "personality cult" thing. So if I follow someone for specific content on my favorite service/social media which happens to be Instagram, I don't go on a following spree for their youtube/twitter/vimeo/snapchat/facebook/vero/(...) And I skip all content that I didn't came for/ is of no interest to me. For example: When I follow someone for her/his photography skills, I don't necessarily need to know what she/he had for breakfast, thinks about politics/stock market/news/diets/(...)

Obviously that's totally different/ opposite with the people I follow because I know them, then this "window into their life" can be interesting.

It's rare, but there are "influencers"/ content providers with some kind of "artistic" approach as "whole" - that can be interesting, too. And they might use a second or third social media platform that compliments to that.

Kind regards,
Oliver

I do on Instagram, but not because I want to be "that person" it is because something in their style resonates with me, their clothes, age, attitude, etc... I am looking for fashion ideas that apply to me.

Reactions: P.Y.T.
No. I look up items specifically on YT and if someone is showing them I'll watch. I don't follow anyone, especially an "influencer." Just the term makes me laugh. If I do look at someone to follow it's usually a celeb or royalty, to see trends and ways to style.

I follow Karenbritchick because I feel like she has an authentic sense of style. But to be honest, I’m always on the lookout for bloggers who are newer and aren’t that known. I feel like once most of them get to the “influencer” level, they just become sales women for major brands. I’ve unfollowed many because they just get boring.

With them charging hundreds for a single instagram post, I just think they try to influence their bank account the most

Reactions: Caisah
No. There are people I like or admire, but to follow them, or to buy clothes etc just because they use them, to me sounds creepy and insecure. There may be a product I find out about and like, but if I purchase it, it isn't because So-and-So uses it.

I follow some but only if I feel like they have a personal style I like and they aren’t pushing too many products. It’s gets a little old when everyone is linking the exact same stuff. This goes for all categories (clothing, beauty, home decor etc.)

The follow trains and giveaways get old really fast.

I did subscribe for a bit to a YouTube channel of a woman who did bits on fashion for older women and who was recommended by other women I knew. But the videos deteriorated into forty minutes of "Look what's in my purse today" and "how about this blush eh?" and I unsubscribed. Haven't found many YouTube fashion-related videos that hold my attention.