Do you find you get better service if you are carrying a Chanel bag?

I once went into Saks with a Forever 21 long sleeve shirt, jeans (junior size) and a Victoria Secret bag from the pink line and still got great service!

I guess we all have our different opinions on treatment from boutiques/department stores.

Im the type of shopper where I like to browse in peace until I need some assistance.

If you walk in with a smile on your face and say hello to SA's that say hello to you, then you get good treatment. If you walk in the store acting like your poo smells like freshly baked brownies then don't get upset when you recieve the same cold treatment. IMO!

yes! i notice too! one time i was carrying a chanel and my sis was carrying a tory burch that day- even though she was the one who was gonna buy, the SA was just being nice to me and showing stuffs to me, and her SA wasnt really that nice to her either! i think this was in neiman SF- Paula is great there btw

The Italian looking (and sounding) lady in the Selfriges Chanel branch was extremely nice and went to the effort of unpacking something for me once even though i said i'd take it straight away. I was head to toe in Topshop with a Longchamp bag!

I've always had a great experience shopping at Chanel. It didn't matter what handbag I was carrying or what I was wearing. I've even had 3 different SA's try to help me find a bag I liked all in one day! I think that as long as you don't walk into the store with a "holier than thou" look, you'll receive a positive welcome.

In my experience, I get much better service when I'm carrying Chanel. When I went to the Chanel boutique to buy my first Chanel a couple years ago, I was carrying the LV Manhattan GM and the SA didn't even say hello. Then when she realized I was in the market to buy, she suddenly became super friendly. The next time I went to the boutique I was carrying Chanel and the SA came over to greet me and he kept showing my new bags that came in.

It really shouldn't be like that but in my experience it has been. I mean I don't understand why some SA's think they have the right to be snobs.

I wonder if Chanel trains their SA how to treat and greet their customers. I think they must be because how come high end SA are more snobby than regurlar retail SA? Or maybe its just the personality of the SA which they hire on purpose. I have defenetley noticed the high end designer SA are more snooty. Although personally noone has ever treated me any other way but friendly.

I don't really think about it, to be honest. For the most part I just want to be left alone to look and talk to my friends or family I'm shopping with. I don't need an SA I don't even know to act like my best friend in hopes I'll buy something. I'm not gonna get upset either if an SA I don't even know acts like a snob, that's their problem and not mine. Only an insecure person needs to act snobby like that or judge someone by their appearance. I am friends with some SAs in Nordstrom and Macy's but it's b/c I have known them awhile from shopping there.

As a rule I never wear my Chanel shopping... I also leave the jewelry at home and 9 times out of 10 you will find me in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. SA's are always helpful to me ... in fact when I bought my reissue from NM my SA could not have been more helpful. :beach:

I don't exactly observe a difference in service in general whether I'm carrying a Chanel bag or not, but I do notice that whenever I'm carrying a Chanel bag and a Chanel shopping bag from having purchased something at the boutique, I get a lot better service at other upscale boutiques. :idea:

I carried a CHANEL bag into a GUCCI boutique and the SA treated me like crap... i hated how he talks to me! such an arrogant a**hole

CHANEL however, were so nice and helpful regardless of what i wear

(I'm talking about the Siam Paragon Boutique in Bangkok)