Do you find this offensive...

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
Our Lord & Saviour Clutch ..

In the Purse Blog section of tPF there a review on this bag. Now I do not find the article offensive or showing this line offensive in any way. I believe that tPF showing this bag is a great service...

As to my point I think the use of the crucifix just tacky.. I do not believe that this kind of shock value is required to sell bags...

Our-Lord-Saviour-Olympus-Teneo-Clutch[1].jpg

What do you think...

BEBEPURSE

Sad and Angry
Dec 7, 2009
IMO No different than wearing a crucifix as a necklace. It's a profession of faith. Makes a nice piece to take to Church....

Might be good to ward off vampiires as well. ;)

alatrop

Motor City Kitties
O.G.
May 2, 2006
I really dislike it. I'm not "offended", but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

LoveCatsLots

Mar 5, 2009
I agree that it's tacky. I wouldn't be seen with this clutch, but I'm sure some people will love carrying it. To each, her own . . .

:heart:

asl_bebes

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I don't find it offensive but I really don't like it ... I guess I just don't get it, really what's the purpose of the cross on it? I really just don't get it at all!:confused1:

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I am not Christian, but I question the motives of the designer. When I see something like this, I feel that the person is exploiting religious iconography for publicity and personal gain. This clutch costs about $9000! Fashion is so disposable, and I am not sure it is the appropriate place for displaying sacred imagery.

Janinevs

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
I find it offensive that any designer would stoop to such an obvious gimmick to get attention. And he really is shooting himself in the foot as well, I can't imagine a lot of Jewish or Muslim people carrying that, so that's quite a large part of the handbag demographic gone.

pjrufus

O.G.
May 13, 2009
I am not Christian, but I question the motives of the designer. When I see something like this, I feel that the person is exploiting religious iconography for publicity and personal gain. This clutch costs about $9000! Fashion is so disposable, and I am not sure it is the appropriate place for displaying sacred imagery.
I agree with this. Except for displaying the imagery..not my thing, but people do it all the time, cross on their necks, something on a T-shirt, a nun's habit (uniform). In this case though, $9000 is either exploitation or a designer with a very bad sense of humor.