Do you find that French manicures last you longer?

ashlend

Sep 9, 2006
I get a manicure every Saturday morning so usually by Thursday or Friday it's almost shot, but last weekend I got a French and it still looks perfect. I'm considering not even going this week. I remember this happened to me last time I did French as well - I still changed it the following week, but I felt bad because it still looked so perfect!

I need to remember this for the next time I go on vacation or something. :yes:

I have very short nails I get mani-pedis frequently (when really needed.) I had my short nails painted in a french manicure on a Saturday and it was rubbing off like by Tuesday.

French polish seems to not to last as long...lately all I have my nail person use on me is OPI's Got A Date To-Knight!! It is sooo cute...a sheer pink that is from their Princess collection.

I have french manicures on my fingers and toes. I can make it last weeks longer by putting several coats of Miracle Nail from Sallys on my hands. If I do it on the toes, it will last as long as I leave it there:smile:

They last about the same with me. After a week they tend to start chipping even when I do a top coat a couple days later. And I am on a sports team so my hands take a beating a couple nights a week which usually results in a chipped mani :sad:

well my manicures tend to last about 2 weeks...theyd prolly last 3 but i dont like letting my nails grow out for soo long...i think it all depends on the nail polish the manicurist uses and how she does it. my manicurist now(julie) is great and even when i do get french which is rare IT STILL lasts 2 full weeks! I LUV IT!

I do my own and they don't really last. 1 week at most.
When I get them professionally done, they last for ages when done at Sephora and no longer than my own stuff at others.