Do you find buyers nowadays are hard to please?

my real issue is with sellers - I leave positive feedback, and so many just don't respond. what is the issue, I really wonder. I pay within their given timing - usually a few days. they have my money, no hassle and can't be bothered to leave feedback in response to mine? I am honestly at the point of not giving feedback to sellers either anymore, unless there was some sort of contact. (sorry for my rant, but it has annoyed me too much)

This annoys me also! That's why I check FB history before I bid on an auction. When I come across a seller that doesn't leave FB...I don't bid.

Completely agree! :yes: I sell on eBay for money not feedback

I don't think anyone sells on Ebay for the sole purpose of gaining feedback but FB is very important for sellers and also for buyers.

Some sellers specify in their auction terms that they will cancel bids from those with less than 15 or 10 (or whatever).

And some buyers, myself included, hesitate to or won't bid on items from sellers with low FB.

I think in any venue where there are shoppers there will always be that ONE buyer that is hard to please. The seller could have done everything right but, there are just people out there that are NEVER satisfied with anything. I think it is just their personality to be critical of everything. I am sorry that you have to deal with this hard to please shopper.

Have you considered leaving her feedback first?

I always leave feedback for buyers on payment and do not wait untill I receive feedback.

You received something from them first so IMHO its down to you to say thanks first.

Have you considered leaving her feedback first?

I always leave feedback for buyers on payment and do not wait untill I receive feedback.

You received something from them first so IMHO its down to you to say thanks first.

I'm thinking of a few nice feedbacks that I can leave even if the buyer doesn't intend to leave any. Nothing negative of course :smile: .

When I sell things and I received payment I immediately leave feedback as they have completed their end of the bargain. A lot of people don't leave feedback, it is annoying but I am not going to remind them as I am sure some people would get cranky.

I would remind her that feedback is how people are rated on eBay and that it is a common curtesy and indeed part of the eBay process that feedback should be left.

As she has less than 10 feedback - it might help just to state (friendly) that some sellers do not allow people with less than 10 feedback to bid on certain items and that if everybody she dealt with didn't leave her feedback she would find it increasingly hard to use eBay!

You never know - it might work!

But as you said - at least no feedback is better than neutral or negative. But it is manners really isn't it?

Yes it is manners to leave feedback but as I said earlier a seller receives prompt payment from a buyer first so IMHO a seller that does not leave feedback first is quite rude.

Feedback is to reflect the transaction, therefore if you receive speedy payment you should reward the buyer with positive feedback, then if buyer is happy you will receive the same.

It works both ways you know, perhaps the buyer sees it that you as the seller are hard to please? after all you have received payment but not left feedback.

mooks, you are completely off topic.

Do you find buyers nowadays are hard to please?

Am I missing something?

Mooks, IMHO, is not off topic. In your OP you asked the question "Do you find buyers hard to please?" but the whole thread centred around the feedback issue and who should blink first, mooks has just given her view on feedback and the fact she does not sell for it, and was quite right in the original post to say that asking for feeback just gives the buyer a nudge to complain about something insignificant, as has happened in your case.

Too often these days the feedback issue is being used as a form of blackmail and part of this is due to buyers having unrealistic expectations (often I read these -ve comments and think well buy it from the shopand pay full price like the seller) making sellers unwilling to leave it first which, I guess, gives my opinion on your original question.

I don't see alot on ebay, but I do sell expensive handbags like LV, Chanel, etc. Feedback is very important to me -- so people can see I sell authentic items. So while I obviously want the money, feedback is developing a good reputation for authentic items. I guess if you sell anything and everything, it becomes less important.

I like feedback too. I used to send reminders but now when sending my invoice I mention when you receive please leave feedback as I will you ~ if they do they do ~ but I would rather they did. It is good for both sellers and buyers. Linda

Buyers are hard to please in any given retail invironment. Period.

Buyers have access to comparison shop via big malls, websites, online malls, and e-Bay. My biggest thing about buying something unseen is the lack of an adequate and accurate description listing all and any flaws. Esspecially on e-Bay there are so many fly-by-night sellers lacking good photos and descriptions.

Photos can be a little tricky as the color can appear different on different monitors. not everyone knows how to adjust a monitor to get an accurate color display. Seller software such as Photoshop can also change color of an item if not used correctly.

As a seller I really don't care if the buyer leaves feedback. As a buyer I don't need feedback to buy. I snipe most items I want.

Feedback is highly overrated and I won't make myself a feedback hostage.