Do you feel you are getting your money's worth from your Ferragamo shoes?

DoggieBags

Jan 28, 2019
I recently tried the Varina quilted ballet flats in a store and size 6.5 fit perfectly. I ordered a pair online; they just arrived but felt a bit too tight. Is this because the leather hasn't been "broken in" yet? I'm thinking that the ones in the store fit me better as they could have already been stretched out by many customers trying them on.
There is some variation in the fit of their shoes. if you tried 4 pairs in the same size in the same style they probably wouldn’t all feel the same on your foot. That’s why I prefer to try the shoes on in the store instead of buying them online.

Selmita

Sep 3, 2014
I recently tried the Varina quilted ballet flats in a store and size 6.5 fit perfectly. I ordered a pair online; they just arrived but felt a bit too tight. Is this because the leather hasn't been "broken in" yet? I'm thinking that the ones in the store fit me better as they could have already been stretched out by many customers trying them on.
I think the quilted ones run smaller than the others. I purchased multiple Ferragamos over the past few years and I've been a consistent 8.5 B in every pair I own, flat, heels and wedges, patent & non-patent. However, when my quilted varas arrived they were really tight. Now they fit like a glove but they definitely needed to be broken in. If I were to purchase another one I'd go for a C or a D.

SayaJ

Aug 17, 2019
I think the quilted ones run smaller than the others. I purchased multiple Ferragamos over the past few years and I've been a consistent 8.5 B in every pair I own, flat, heels and wedges, patent & non-patent. However, when my quilted varas arrived they were really tight. Now they fit like a glove but they definitely needed to be broken in. If I were to purchase another one I'd go for a C or a D.
There is some variation in the fit of their shoes. if you tried 4 pairs in the same size in the same style they probably wouldn’t all feel the same on your foot. That’s why I prefer to try the shoes on in the store instead of buying them online.
Thanks for the replies! I tried a method recommended by others several years ago - wearing thick socks and walking in the new shoes around the house. They do feel much better now!

SayaJ

Aug 17, 2019
Thanks for the replies! I tried a method recommended by others several years ago - wearing thick socks and walking in the new shoes around the house. They do feel much better now!
Update: the shoes hurt my feet after I wore them out for the first time. Decided to take them to a reputable shoe alteration shop to get them expanded. Apparently my local Ferrgamo stores sell the shoes in D, and the ones that I bought online are C so that's why they hurt so much!