Do you feel like you HAVE to wear makeup everyday?

I only started wearing makeup in my 30's and only for going out to somewhere special. Otherwise I'm just barefaced most of the time.

I think makeup clog pores (especially liquid foundation) which is bad for combination skin. I'd rather be makeup-less and have good skin than having to cover cystic acne with concealer because I keep wearing liquid foundation.

Now my only 'foundation' is a BB cream.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Nope but I used to feel like that, especially when I had very serious acne and just bad skin in general. I started wearing make up when I was 14. Now I am 25. My skin is much better and I focus more on skin care. When I feel like it or have to see people (and want to look extra nice) i will put a bit of foundation, powder, blush, eyebrow tint and sometimes a cream eyeshadow, bronzer and a little bit of highlight. I mostly go for the "glossier" look ie no makeup makeup. I put on sunscreeen everyday though regardless of whether I go out or not. Oh and I double cleanse.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I only started wearing makeup in my 30's and only for going out to somewhere special. Otherwise I'm just barefaced most of the time.

I think makeup clog pores (especially liquid foundation) which is bad for combination skin. I'd rather be makeup-less and have good skin than having to cover cystic acne with concealer because I keep wearing liquid foundation.

Now my only 'foundation' is a BB cream.

Hmmm, I think make up can do good sometimes though. For example some make up blocks UV rays and can form an extra layer of protection.
Of course, some makeup (mineral oil based ones) indeed clog pores, especially if you leave it on while you sleep ... but actually I find make up to be fine in general. Dirt and micro-dust in the air, as well as the sebum produced by our bodies, or a thick moisturiser (such as La Mer and Avene products that are mineral oil based) are more likely to clog pores and cause break outs... even if you don't putmake up on.... I think the key is to wash one's face properly and routinely, exfoliate well using gentle acids. Picking good make up with good ingredients (i.e. avoiding mineral oil and potential irritants like shea butter, etc) won't do one any harm imo...

Ever since I had a bad rosacea flare up last year I tend to feel like I have to- to tone/hide the redness when my rosacea decides to flare up without warning. So since I have to use foundation I go all out to complete the look.

Reactions: Grande Latte
For work or special events, yes, it's a must. At home, never. I wash my face immediately after work every day, so evenings/weekends I am completely makeup free. Skin care is much more important to me than daily makeup.