Do you feel like you HAVE to wear makeup everyday?

1. I feel like I have to wear it. It's probably more of a habit or "armor".... but I feel like I really, really need it. I look like a ghost/corpse without it. I have really dark circles under my eyes and I need concealer.

I am envious of those women who don't have to wear any! :p A friend of mine doesn't even own any makeup - just lip gloss. But she can get away with it... and it's funny because on the rare occasion where she might do her makeup, she actually looks better without it.

Pmrbfay likes this.
  2. I actually don't wear any makeup to work and i honestly do think i look a mess.
    but i'm just too lazy and i suppose, never really incorporated it into my routine!

I do have a strict face routine where I cleanse, tone, moisturise, eye cream, serum... the lot!

I only wear eyeliner and that's only the past year. But i suppose as i don't wear any foundation, or any powder... my pores are clog-free so it's pretty much clear most days! Other than the odd spot here and there...

3. A mod will probably move this to the makeup forum...

No, not at all. I only wear mac fix plus, mascara, eyeliner (sometimes) and lipstick/gloss on my face everyday.

I have even skin tone and no dark circles (amazing since I don't sleep much) so I don't feel like I need it.

4. yes.

i have extremely red cheeks/nose and dark blueish-purple circles under my eyes, it's mess. so i always put on foundation and concealer under my eyes. i use correcting powder too.

i'm hitting 25 next month and i think it's probably about time i start buying skin products to slow the aging process but my family ages well too. my mom's in her 60's but looks like shes in her 40's. so i probably really wouldn't need to. i would have no idea where to begin with all these creams and serums!

5. I do feel like I have to wear makeup everyday. I feel like my foundation gives my skin a more even appearance, and I feel better when I'm wearing makeup. Anything that's a self-confidence booster is a plus for me. Wearing makeup makes me feel a little more put-together, so I make time for it each and every day. Most days, I wear primer/concealer/foundation/powder, mascara, and something on my lips. That's about as much as I can squeeze in on work days.

6. I don't feel I have to but I do most days and that's because I have accumulated a lot of makeup and I want to use it up.

7. I'm too lazy to do a full face for work - so it's just E/S, L/S and concelaer with a little bit of mascara. On any other occaision I have a full face. I feel wayyyyyy better done up but I know I still look good without it - at least that's what DB says!

8. No. I have decent enough skin, apart from it being quite dry. I guess I could go with mascara & brow product everyday with or without base, but my sparse brows & blonde lashes don't bother me that much. I'm much more likely to forgo makeup versus heavy duty skincare if I'm running late in the AM.

However, I absolutely love makeup - so I am wearing it at least 70% of the time. But I am an all-or-nothing girl: I either wear a full face of nothing at all. None of this concealer-mascara-bare lids & cheeks-lipgloss nonsense :p!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

9. no, i actually prefer natural, clean, hydrated skin over makeup

10. I try to put makeup on everyday as I think I look much better with it, but sometimes I just don't have the time. The days I don't have the time, I just feel bleh without it. I find it a bit pathetic that I get so much confidence from these products, but I suppose there's worse things in life lol. I agree with you I sure would love to be one of those people who looks great without it!

11. ^ I'm the same, if I don't have it on I feel schlubby lol. If I'm just around my house, then no I don't wear make up. But any type of outing (school, work, yes even the grocery store) I wear my full face. I always make sure I leave myself time to do my make up. I just feel like I look better with it, and I always say, you never know who you'll meet! I always want to look my 100% best, like I just came back from a Vogue shoot or something lol. I just get a nice feeling when I know that if anything unexpected came up (I'm 22, last minute texts to go clubbing etc happen a lot) I'm ready and look good to go anywhere and feel glamorous

12. Well, it is often said that less is more, but as you get older, more is more - you just have to make it LOOK like less! In other words, my eyes aren't as wide and bright as a 22 year old, so a little liner and mascara helps a LOT, but looking painted is bad. Some tinted moisturizer really helps my skin look more even, but heavy makeup/spackle is bad. A little color on the lips helps make me look alive, but a thick coat of lipstick is aging.

So I usually wear some makeup almost everywhere, but everyone thinks I wear next to nothing. If they saw me without ANY, they'd think I was dying.

13. not at all. I only wear makeup when i go out somewhere nice w the BF or friends.

14. I hardly ever wear makeup...I'm too lazy. I'm lucky I put my clothes on right side out before class in the morning. I'd probably poke my eyes out if I attempted to put mascara on in my pre-caffeine state.

15. Yes if you are cute without most look thousands better with it. IMO