Do you feel like a copycat buying the same classic bags that your friends/relatives already own?

I have been wanting to add the boy bag to my collection but only one color, leather and hardware combo sings to me, available in the current collection. One of my friend and 2 relatives already own the same bags in various sizes. Would you feel like a copycat buying the same bag?

Not at all. These bags are made by the thousands. You and your friend will not be the only ones with the same bag.

If you love the bag, tell your friend you love that bag too and was also planning on getting one. Buy it and enjoy it!

If they don’t like wearing the same bag as you, they can stop wearing their bag! Too bad for them. It’s like saying I’m not going to wear J Brand jeans cause my friend wears them. Nope!

There is no law that says you can’t love the same bag. And again, there are thousands of these bags! These are mass produced items.

Go for it and enjoy it!

I have been wanting to add the boy bag to my collection but only one color, leather and hardware combo sings to me, available in the current collection. One of my friend and 2 relatives already own the same bags in various sizes. Would you feel like a copycat buying the same bag?
If you were buying the same bag, or a version of the same bag as me, I would personally take it as a compliment, because you obviously admired it on me and want the same one for yourself. I love it when my friends and relatives do this. Then we can be in the same club together. My SIL has at least 3 of the identical Chanel bags and 2 Gucci bags as me because she saw mine first and had to have them too. :smile::heart:

Last edited:
My cousin got three of the same LVs that I have. I like to add LV bandeaus to my bags and she started doing the same. She has also purchased identical jeans, boots, dresses, tops...you name it. She even cut her hair short after I cut mine :lol: It’s definitely a compliment and I appreciate the fact that someone admires my style. She probably won’t be purchasing any Chanel because I’m sure she secretly thinks I’m crazy for spending that type of money. I’d be happy if she did though. I don’t think anything is wrong with friends or family getting the same items.

One thing I will mention is that we live in two different states so it’s not like we’re always showing up to the same place with matching items. But I probably wouldn’t care anyway.

I think it’s darling of you ;)to even think of this as it shows your sensitive side /thoughtfulness. Have you discussed this w/ your friend & relatives? Maybe talking w/ them in advance will ease your mind (?) & I bet they would be thrilled to have you “join them” in carrying a Boy bag ! :hugs:

Reactions: Jkfashionstyle

Girl no way!!! Buy that bag!!! That’s sweet that you’re so considerate. Like Kendie said, to ease your mind maybe mention it to them.

Not at all - I think it's very considerate of you to think of it but if my sister or friend came to me saying they wanted to get a bag that I already had (or something very similar) I would never be upset or offended by it - it's flattering and also lovely for the soon-to-be-new Boy owner :yes: :biggrin:

Go for it! It is possible that your relative/friend will not love it that you have the same bag but if that is the bag for you don’t let that stop you. If It were me I would probably buy another color or hardware, maybe chevron vs quilting just so my bag is a little different, but that’s just how I would proceed.

If you love that particular model the best, go for it! I have bought the same clothing item as someone else many times before, but for something like a Chanel purse that is more of an investment, I would want to get a different color or hardware or size or something, particularly if it's a close friend or relative and it's likely that we would be wearing them when we see each other. Usually I like too many things and can't make a decision though, it's pretty rare that I only like 1 version of something!

not at all.. a friend of me also bought the same lv bag (speedy b25 DE) and the same wallet and wants to buy also other LV things which I own and I´m happy with it as it seems she likes my style and LV bags..
it you buy classic bags which somebody already own it is NOT copycat...these bags cost soo much and are soo popular it´s not like you could buy everyday such a bag .. you need to overthink it and maybe save for it.. and then buy it.. by that time maybe all your friend could have already this bag because they had immediatley the money for it.. It´s not like somebody bought a zara bag and you buy it a few days later..
I also have a friend which bought 2 times the same jeans, top, and chanel cosmetic things which I own and first I felt a bit weird but then I realized if you have the same style / taste then why not... I also bought the same shoes like a friend of me because I loved them and they were the exact boots I was looking for and she knew it .. and she was also okay with it.. I think it´s okay to buy the same things like your friends if you want that.. I´m sure someday a friend will buy something what you already own.. and these friends will not think that they are copying you.. they will buy what they like
and It´s not like your friend /relatives were the first who bought a chanel bag particular this style.. most women have it or want it and many wear it even if the friend next to you were the same bag.. it´ s a really popular bag so go for it .. I´m sure they will feel not offended or so and also be happy as you like also the same bag which they like#
would you also feel like coying someone if you buy the same phone just because someone got it first from your friends? like iphone samsung which are als mass produced and many own them or want them?

Last edited:
It’s totally fine! I also am happy when someone likes what I have and wants to get the same. I have to say, I don’t understand when some people get offended or don’t want others to buy the same bag/clothing/jewelry. Unless they special ordered a unique custom design, all of these things are mass produced.

Yes, most likely especially if I see them often.

But if it is something I really want I won't care.

It's weird, I feel like a copycat if I set my sight on a bag someone else I know has, but on the other hand I have no problem at all if someone wants to buy a bag that I already have. However at the end of the day, I wouldn't let it stop me from getting something I really like. If it bothers someone else to have the same bag as me, unfortunately it's their issue to deal with, because it wouldn't stop me from enjoying my bag.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Just buy whatever you love! :smile: In fact, all my girlfriends own a black CF with GHW, and sometimes we would all intentionally wear this exact same bag to lunch or something for a bit of fun :biggrin: