Do you ever wish...

I've always had this feeling of 'this is the best time of my life...i love it'...at whatever stage I'm going through. So, i have to say no. Each new stage in my life feels better than the last. I'm hoping (crossing fingers, legs and toes) that the 40's are just awesome!

I think as one matures they have the knowledge that they might wish they could have done something different in the past but the experiences we have had in life make us who we are today.

The only thing I would change if I could would be I would have spent more time with my nana, who died in 1987. But I was in CA and she was in NY. I regret not moving back to NY sooner than I did. Any other bad crap I went thru I honestly wouldnt change, as I get older I look it it as a learning experience and I matured a lot then.

I would probably take back the years in school I defended a friend who got into all sorts of drama-I got left out of the fun events etc. because I was her friend. She never thanked me. When I got my heart absolutely crushed she told me she couldn´t handle "all the crying" and stopped being in touch.

If turning back time means having to re-learn painful lessons and potentially missing out on meeting fantastic people, I wouldn't want to do it. I do wonder "what if" with regards to my career, but even that will sort itself out eventually. I agree that I wouldn't be the person that I am today without my past, though.

I wish I could go back to about 1988. I was only 9 years old and having the time of my life-I just didn't realise it then. I loved school and my friends and most importantly, the closeness of my family. I think about that time almost every day and wish I could go back. xx

I always think life's too short for regrets you can only learn them. Thinking about what could have happened would only make you feel bad.

ITA. There's no guarantee, either, that what could have happened would be the best/ideal situation, too. All you can do is make the best decision you can with whatever information you have available.

I'm so glad I am older and wiser now. When I was young I had fun, but also created alot of unnecessary drama. I learned to stand up for myself and now I have a really good job, marriage and child. The best part is that I can now afford to feed my purse obsession...with no apologies to anyone!!! :yahoo:

Anne

I wish I could be 12 again. My father died of cancer and I am still suffering to this day. No one cared about me nor did they need me. My life would be different if he was here today.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))) That is so sad. I'm sorry.

I wish I hadn't waited so long to continue my eduction amongst other things. Sometimes I feel like everything's hopeless. Sometimes I feel like today's the first day of the rest of my life and there's still hope. I definitely need some meds.