Do you ever wish for a particular bag because a celebrity has it? Be honest now!

All the time, but I think it's got more to do with the fact that their pictures are out there for people to see, rather then celecrity style. Like toonie I've been obsessed with vert olive since seeing it here on the forum. I don't know, I think it's just greed :Push: I see something I like and go like this :nuts: It doesn't really matter who's picture it is.

well said--if you see something beautiful on anyone in the public eye you want it or at least admire it..........I think Cameron Diaz is an appealing and likeable personality but I think she is such a bad dresser (for my personal taste mind you) that I dont look at her in that way. Now --I see other celebs where everything they wear I would love to have..............

I'm not going to start a fight but I'd suggest using caution when talking about people you don't even know. You only see their life in the tabloids and the media. Until you spend a year with VB, you have no right to make a judgment that she is an anorexic narcissistic twit. Finally, many ladies on this forum have and love the Fendi Spy. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's silly.
um, if you don't like it when celebs get trashed, the internet is the wrong place for you.
and saying you think a bag is ugly doesn't mean you're insulting the people that own it. if that were the case then no one would ever be allowed to say they don't like something.

I normally don't have to have a handbag that a celebrity is wearing but when I saw the Balenciagia green day bag that Katie Holmes had for St. Paddy's day. I got obsessed with this green bag. Help me! :confused1:

um, if you don't like it when celebs get trashed, the internet is the wrong place for you.
and saying you think a bag is ugly doesn't mean you're insulting the people that own it. if that were the case then no one would ever be allowed to say they don't like something.

thanks--i guess we are all blatantly honest here in our anonymity. i didnt say the Fendi was ugly--i actually said silly. the reason i said silly was because it was EVERYWHERE and that phallic lipstick holder ........and the "spy bag" name........dont know..........silly came to mind. Most celebs are pretty ridiculous.........sorry. They believe their own FICTION. I judge behavior and attitude. People make decisions based on people behavior (actions) and attitudes. If a sales person at Hermes was condescending or rude to me b/c they assumed I couldnt or wouldnt buy and I saw that in their behavior I would think as poorly of them as I do Ms. Lohan

I normally don't have to have a handbag that a celebrity is wearing but when I saw the Balenciagia green day bag that Katie Holmes had for St. Paddy's day. I got obsessed with this green bag. Help me! :confused1:

was that green ever a beautiful color or what? i have seen those in barneys.........would have bought one but the studs are toooooooooo GOLD!

Honestly I am more likely to lust after a bag I see in our own Hermes in Action threads....! they seem more accessible to my own particular life, IYKWIM.

jedimaster, I barely recognize Victoria Beckam's name and don't know Lindsay Lohan. So, what they carry carries no weight with me for some reason. Have not been to a movie in ages and don't watch much TV.

Someone posted about seeing pictures of the bags in action and that being worn is fun and I enjoy that too, although I don't generally know who the celebrity is.

I am interested, however, in what the members on this board have and enjoy and love the pictures that are posted:yes:

no, but when I see a celeb with a similar bag, I get excited..... just shows that people, whether they are celebrity or not, appreciate good/superior quality products..

Nope! I am just obsessed with Hermes...and prefer that the celebrities stay away if at all possible--
Sometimes there is a non-H item that appeals to me, but if it becomes too popular then I am less likely to want it.

I used to bcome aware of certain bags when I saw photos in magazines of celebrities carrying them, and sometimes, jus in ads or in the editorial sections. But definitely since joining tPF, my favorite "magazine" by far, is the "Your Bag in Action" thread!!!! I can't believe it's free! (Except of course, for what it starts me wanting to buy....:rolleyes::graucho:)

Ladies and Gentlemen....

I have had a complaint about this thread. It appears that some do not like the bad/nasty talk back and forth between members.

I am not closing the thread as of yet, BUT we need to respect one another and think before we post.

I would appreciate it!

I don't know...if it's someone who's style I like, say Gwyneth... I don't know if that wouldn't make me stop and think, I wonder if that would work with my lifestyle... Hate to admit it, but my sister's and my 17 year old daughter's opinion mean more to me, than if someone else has a bag.

I like what I like. I don't particulary fall in love with a bag because of WHO carries it. What happens though, is sometimes I'll see a pic of a celeb carrying a certain style or brand and then I try to become familiar with it if I like it. That's how I got to know and like Balenciaga, but not due to the fact that it was Paris carrying one (I'll keep my thoughts about her to myself, but they are not very nice, mind you). Hope you get my idea.