Do you ever what the heck you were thinking?

JuneHawk

Let's get some shoes
O.G.
May 10, 2007
So, after my shopping trip on Friday I came home with a bit of a guilty trip as it was to be expected. I started wondering why I bought the darn shoes. Well, I do like the fuchsia VPs and I do think I will be keeping them but I'm just not feeling the burgundy patent Simples 120s anymore. They were an impulse buy and I know they are very nice but they just don't give me "that" feeling. Do you know what I mean?

So, I'm thinking I'm going to return those and get something I love or even like more.

After you buy shoes, do you ever wonder why you bought them if they didn't really give you butterflies? OK, butterflies is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea.

Necessity? Practicality?

They seemed like a good idea at the time?

They set in lustful feelings? You think you have an outfit to match or just had to have them?

You've hung around the shoe department and felt you had to buy something?

I usually ever think that when it's an impulse buy. Something that is such a great price that if I didn't get them, I would regret it. Then afterwards, it's like...why did I have to have these again?? Sometimes I keep whatever it was I had to have and other times I sell it to get whatever I have to have next, lol!!!

my problem is the opposite. they all gave me butterflies, but none of them i can truly wear given my life style! i like to walk a lot and i do not know how to drive! so i found myself with some really really pretty shoes but really no where to wear them to!

Yes, I do... I actually had the same feeling you did regarding the Simples. I've worn mine though so I can't return them but they just don't wow me. I want to like the Simples more because they are just so comfy but I don't. :*(

Necessity? Practicality?

They seemed like a good idea at the time?

They set in lustful feelings? You think you have an outfit to match or just had to have them?

You've hung around the shoe department and felt you had to buy something?

This is my favorite reason, lol.

I usually do so much justification after impulse purchases that it makes them okay :P

This is my favorite reason, lol.

I usually do so much justification after impulse purchases that it makes them okay :P

LOL

I don't know, I'm really just not feeling them. I think I'd much rather have something I love than something I bought as an impulse....although I do love some of my impulse buys.

My new Prada shoes were kind of an impulse buy mixed with necessity. I wear out sneakers within 4 or so months and it gets expensive to replace them. Not worth the money to pay $150 or so for that kind of time period.

Oh, and apparently our Holt's may be getting Loubies again by next season.

I'm bad with impulse buys. REAL bad. I always hide them in my closet so I forget about them lol. But I hate returning/exchanging anything so I let them sit cause I know one day Ill end up re-buying it.

my problem is the opposite. they all gave me butterflies, but none of them i can truly wear given my life style! i like to walk a lot and i do not know how to drive! so i found myself with some really really pretty shoes but really no where to wear them to!

bagpunk, we have the same issue! LOL!

I make a lot of impulse buys and most of them give me the butterflies. I rarely wear my beautiful shoes, CLs or not simply because I don't drive and take public transport. I also love to walk around in my city. By that, I mean, walking and SHOPPING at the same time. :nuts:

Fortunately, DH spoils me rotten and drives me everywhere. Although he doesn't fund my purchases, he takes care of everything else so that what I earn goes strictly to clothes and accessories.

So, back to Junehawk's original post. Do I have any regrets? I think most women on this forum do. We get all hyped up about a purchase but it's blah when we actually purchase the item.

Luckily for many of us, we can do a return easily.

Of course! I know what you are talking about. Basically if I'm not daydreaming about the shoes and/or what I will wear with them and/or when I will wear them- I return them. :yes:

They are so expensive I think I need to enjoy looking at them on the shelf as much as I do on my foot.

My sister refers to this sickness as 'Louboutin Dementia'. I am so obsessed with that darn red sole that I end up bringing home shoes that don't even fit and convincing myself I can "break them in." Of course I second guess myself!

I'm terrible with impulse buys (especially during sale season :rolleyes:) but I don't usually have any hesitation in returning items when sanity returns. That's why Ebay is bad for me - generally no returns when you look at something in the cold light of day and think 'What could I have been thinking?'

I'm the same way! :P I walk almost everywhere, and heels are really not practical so if I must take out my louboutins, I put a pair of flip flops in my purse.

I used to. But I've been a lot better about impulse buys lately. I've been thinking over each and every one of my CL buys. I think when I first discovered CL, I did a lot of impulses and ended up selling a few of them after, so for me it pays to wait and think.