Do you ever think of other purchases in terms of "coach dollars"

reigo

Jul 18, 2009
Do you ever find yourself thinking about other things you buy or spend in terms of the "Coach cash equivalent"? For example, you get a speeding ticket or a parking ticket and think "oh s*@t, I could have bought that cute mushroom parker" with that!" Or you go out to dinner to an overpriced restaurant and you think "that wasn't worth it, for that $ I could have bought that ____ I was eying"

I know it's not the best way to think but I do find myself doing that here and there. I don't deprive myself and I love going out to dinner with family and friends and I never let my indulgences like Coach get in the way of living but it's funny when your brain is programmed to think about everything in "coach terms"

LOL!!!! I do this a LOT!!!!! OMG, I even did this tonight-and its not even my money that I was thinking about! ROFL! My FIL is moving and needed my help in cancelling his internet service, because he is hard of hearing. The lady told me he still has 5 mos left in the contract, so either he'd have to pay that out ($90/mo-$450 altogether!) or pay the cancellation fee of $300! Both I thought were outrageous, and I was thinking "Man, I could get a cute lil Coach with all of that unneccessary money!" LOL!!!!! Sick I tell you! LOL!!!! :biggrin:

And, I tried justifying the LV I want so badly to my DH, telling him that instead of 2 Coach purses, I can invest in one LV, and that will be IT for a long time! LOL!!!

I used to think like that. At the beginning of the summer, Hubby was planning a hiking trip down the Grand Canyon and mentioned that the gas, hotel, camp site, food, etc. would cost around $350. Of course, my first thought was, do you realize that I can almost buy a small Sabrina for that amount?

Now, my thought process is the complete opposite. When I see a $350 bag, I now think about what I can buy for the house or where we can go for a weekend getaway with that money. This way both hubby and I can benefit. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get bags, just not as much as before and not when I want/need something else.

I am fairly new to Coach with only 2 purses, and I find I am ALWAYS thinking this way now. I have so much clothes and shoes it's embarrassing and ridiculous, and I've vowed that instead of buying more clothes I am buying more Coach!! I have a million tops, but only 2 Coach purses!

And a nice purse will last a lot longer than a nice meal. :graucho:

Err not really but sometimes I go like... "Instead of 2 or 3 Coach wristlets or some Coach accessories, I can get a Coach purse with that total amount of money" :lol:

I agree with this...that's me! I try to get a lot of matching accessories from the outlets, but I have a weakness for matching wallets, and those are insanely overpriced relative to the actual bags!!

You bet your booty I do! LOL... my parents are in Hawaii right now and my dad was going to get me a sweatshirt at quicksilver for about $150 bucks... I was thinking to myself "damn, $150 for a sweatshirt? I can put that towards a Coach bag!" LOL... Needless to say he didn't get me the sweatshirt, WHEW! LOL, I don't think I've ever owned a $150 sweatshirt!

I used to think like that. At the beginning of the summer, Hubby was planning a hiking trip down the Grand Canyon and mentioned that the gas, hotel, camp site, food, etc. would cost around $350. Of course, my first thought was, do you realize that I can almost buy a small Sabrina for that amount?

Now, my thought process is the complete opposite. When I see a $350 bag, I now think about what I can buy for the house or where we can go for a weekend getaway with that money. This way both hubby and I can benefit. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get bags, just not as much as before and not when I want/need something else.

I find myself thinking this way lately too. I want to change the flooring and window treatments in my house and I really want to focus on that right now. I have more bags than I will ever need/use!

I just LOL because I do this all the time.. I think I just love that but that is one great Outlet bag worth of money. Or I am paying for stuff and think I could get a wristlet for that amount....

I have done this too. DH is working in Canada right now and we pay for his airfare to come home every 2 weeks which is about $800 per shot. The first tickets we bought I said to myself "Wow, I could buy 2 bags with that!" But now I appreciate him being able to come home and realize that is more important than new bags.