Do you ever sell on ebay so you dont' have to return to your SA?

I try to be very sure about a bag before I buy, but occasionally do exchange. I always try to exchange rather than return. I just exchanged my black metallic reissue 227 for a 226.

This is exactly what my SA at Neiman's says. Besides if it's a highly coveted style or size, my SA tells me honestly that she has others waiting for the bag.

The SA's I deal with joke about returning. I buy alot more than I return but they always say the same thing-take it home, play with it, test drive it around the house. If you love it, keep it, if not return it. quote]

such a coincidence...I am on such a dilemna too:sweatdrop:

the wallet in chain I ordered last week arrived yesterday and I just saw at chanel website the bronze metallic one. I dont want to return it to my SA coz she is very patient, helpful and accomodation with all my inquiries. One more day...and I will decide to sell or return:Push:

But on the flip side, they took the job knowing they would lose commission on returned items. If they can't handle the terms of their job then they should find a new one. I know that sounds harsh but it's true. Any s/a who would get upset over a return should not be in that field of work.

When u return a bag, the SA loses the commission, no matter where u return it.And if u buy a new one, the SA who exchanges it for u gets the commission!So it is better to let ur original SA handle the transaction so they at least can pick up the new commission. Does anyone know what happens to an EGC earned on 2 bags if u return one of them?

That happened to me. I bought 2 bags from a wonderful NM SA and decided I wanted something else but NM didn't have it. Instead of returning the bags I sold one on ebay and my friend purchased the other from me.

I sometimes feel guilty about the number of returns that I do -- primarily because the SAs at the Chanel stores give me the "sigh, head shake, eye roll" attitude. But I have learned from experience that you need to purchase it when you see it -- it won't be there in a week when you've thought it over. I buy and keep a lot more than I return, so it's her choice whether she wants to keep me as a customer.

I would never try to sell something on ebay that I still had the option to return to a store.