Do you ever pick your second choice of canvas to round put your collection?

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
(oops, title meant to be "round 'out' your collection")

The next bag I want is in both DE and DA. Both pretty but I always prefer DE. I would go for that but most of my bags are already DE! So should I go for what I always do or switch it up a bit? My bag collection is:

DE - 5
Mono - 2
Azur - 1
Empreinte - 1

The azur version is still very pretty, so it's not like I'd be "settling". But side by side, I love the Ebene more. The bag in question is Croisette! How do you decide on print?

Reactions: prepster
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I choose whatever is most appealing to me visually and from a care standpoint. I love DA when it's new but think it looks awful aged so I don't go for that. I like DE for bags that I'll beat up, and Empreinte/Epi for more professional looks

I was in the same position over the croisette n decided on the DE. Buying a cross body bag in azur is just waiting for Color transfer to happen in my opinion. Not to mention the vachetta strap that will rub against your coat or shirt all day. Yikes... I think I'll stick to de for this one. :smile: hth

Reactions: Pebli
I mostly prefer DE but have a few mono and got rid of my all leather bags. I have never owned a DA bag which just doesn't suit my (life-)style. DE is so worry free that it seems one would be able to enjoy a bag in this print more and therefore also use it more often. If I were ever to get a DA bag then one would definitely suffice. I think it's normal to have more bags in the print one also prefers more. GLD

I would go with what I love most in that particular bag style. I only think in terms of rounding out my collection when I'm looking at SLG's but even then I tend to gravitate towards my favorite (DE) if it's available in the item I want.

I like a well rounded collection. My most favorite is monogram but I like that I have a variety of monogram including 2 LE neverfulls, 2 DE bags, 1 epi, 1 empreinte and other bags from other designers. I just try to not buy a bag that repeats another bags purpose and function. I want to add the speedy b 25 black epi and a bigger DE bag with a zipper to my collection

I like a well rounded collection. My most favorite is monogram but I like that I have a variety of monogram including 2 LE neverfulls, 2 DE bags, 1 epi, 1 empreinte and other bags from other designers. I just try to not buy a bag that repeats another bags purpose and function. I want to add the speedy b 25 black epi and a bigger DE bag with a zipper to my collection
I don't really repeat purpose and function. But I definitely repeat print. Love my DE!

My simple answer is no. I look at each piece individually and purchase what speaks to my heart. For example I love my Speedy in mono. But a Speedy in DE has a completely different feel for me. My pochette accessories I purchased in DE but don't really like in mono. My cosmetic pouch looks so feminine in mono but I don't think I would care for at all in DE. I would never buy one I didn't love to round out the collection. Round out for who?

My simple answer is no. I look at each piece individually and purchase what speaks to my heart. For example I love my Speedy in mono. But a Speedy in DE has a completely different feel for me. My pochette accessories I purchased in DE but don't really like in mono. My cosmetic pouch looks so feminine in mono but I don't think I would care for at all in DE. I would never buy one I didn't love to round out the collection. Round out for who?
I'm the same in that I much prefer my SLGs in mono. Round out for myself! Just so I have variety and my collection doesn't become redundant. But if I prefer DE then that's just what I'll go for :smile:

Reactions: prepster