Scarves Do you ever not buy anything from season

hermeshound

Jun 16, 2019
Recently I’ve found nothing in the new scarf collection that I’ve really really wanted. This year has been the worse, when I’ve seen something that I may like, try it on and walked away.
I then find myself looking for a scarf I wanted from a previous season and enjoying the hunt, instead of just saving my money.
Am I alone on not liking entire seasons?

For me, seasons are like ebb and flow. There are seasons I can't decide which design in which CW to get and there are seasons where I literally try my hardest to find even ONE design I like.

The next season seems to be one of those "no" seasons, as well as AW 2020 was one for me. So I am still hunting a few designs from previous seasons I couldn't buy.
So, no, you are not alone.

Hermes at times &not too often, can be hit or miss.
If I find a shawl I prefer I will very often buy it in the cashmere version as well as the silk, because
I just never know what the next season will bring.
I've done this with clothes & shoes.
I recently purchased 2 of the same style dress in different colors because they were classic & timeless..
The little black dress that one can have forever & no one knows how recent or from a previous collection

Hermes at times &not too often, can be hit or miss.
If I find a shawl I prefer I will very often buy it in the cashmere version as well as the silk, because
I just never know what the next season will bring.
I've done this with clothes & shoes.
I recently purchased 2 of the same style dress in different colors because they were classic & timeless..
The little black dress that one can have forever & no one knows how recent or from a previous collection
I totally agree with this. There are years that go by when I’m not crazy about anything. But I remember seasons with carrie en care, coul8ns indiennes, siete au paradis, ex libris, when I bought every colorway that worked on me in both silk and CSGM. It’s hit or miss. I also buy duplicates and back ups of favorite dresses or RTW pieces (within reason) bc I hate when things are discontinued. Sometimes I end up gifting the back up to my mom If 8 don’t wear it. . .

Reactions: Julide
Yes. Last season I bought nothing, as nothing really was jumping out at me, I've been disappointed in the last couple of seasons and havent bought a scarf since Mountain Zebra