Do you ever have sudden OMG moments with H?

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Swimmin in a lil bowl
Haha lemme explain

I have been following H for years. I adore the history, have found myself in love with leathers I would have never expected, styles I never anticipated, the whole bit. I have followed H through many life changes, and love it all the same. My DH is even on board!

But every once in a while, I research some delicious H, decide on a colour, and then I'm a moment away from a purchase and I suddenly think OMG, I'm a breath away from plunking down enough cash to get a new camera - a professional one! Or anything... Like maybe a Miele barista style coffeemaker or shoot, a new carpet. For the entire house. You know? LoL

Do you ever have moments like that?? What do you do?? LoL

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
^ I'm having one now!!!
And I'm not sure what I'm going to do! LOL
I'm one that can afford Hermes bags once in a very long awhile. Not one every month. And not even one every year (lately, this has been my fault for falling for things like Cartier yummies and room remodeling - hehe.) But I wait and wait and save and save for them and really do treasure the few that I have.

I know that I will use these bags forever and the coast per wear will even out. But it still sits funny in my stomach when handing over that credit card!

Last edited:

thenurse

H is the medicine
Mar 10, 2010
in a Orange Box
I understand. I had a moment like a couple of days ago where I was sitting in an almost new car a friend had bought and I kept thinking that my bag was 40% what he had paid for his car.. :P

It was an epiphany and I am rearranging my wish list in head when it comes to H. I am dropping the Kelly Sellier unless I found a great one at a good price.

hermesugo

Feb 16, 2010
I am just starting out with Hermes, so little things for me here and there. I had one of these moments last week, I have really wanted a H belt Kit, for months and months I have been thinking about it and finally last week decided to take the plunge...Well I started having second thoughts, with Christmas around the corner and spending that much on belt...blah,blah....I went with the belt after all that contemplating :roflmfao:, thought what the heck..haha, I am so happy I did because it arrived today and its so pretty!

Oct 13, 2008
Oh, yes....the guilt can last for WEEKS....
but then it goes away...LOL.
This Forum in very enabling and I feel certain that several of us could benefit from some sort of 12 step program.

Reactions: grnbri

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Oh Lordy, YES!!!! I think I felt that way when I found out the price of that dang Double Sens!

I just couldn't plunk the card down on that one no matter how much I wanted it.....

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
...you know, at this point I'm more inclined to go for the vacation in Southern France than a new bag from Hermes.....LMFAO!!!!!!

thenurse

H is the medicine
Mar 10, 2010
in a Orange Box
I guess I already had this moment with H after it came out in one of the threads about H machine stiching the bags. That and the fact that price increases have risen to a level I am no longer comfertable with, makes a little harder to get over the O-moment.

I will however still pay a LOT to have my vintage bag spa'd and even though I had OMG-moment the day the SA called me about it I still said yes. Because the service that Hermès offers their bags is an lost art. And a different philosophy in our materialistic worlds. The fact that we pay a lot is somehow justified in my head. Just just think of the classic bags they make and how much we use them. For me it balances out the cons. Well, I certainly use my a great deal. ;)

Last edited:

cakeymakeybakey

Eat dessert first!
O.G.
Haha lemme explain

I have been following H for years. I adore the history, have found myself in love with leathers I would have never expected, styles I never anticipated, the whole bit. I have followed H through many life changes, and love it all the same. My DH is even on board!

But every once in a while, I research some delicious H, decide on a colour, and then I'm a moment away from a purchase and I suddenly think OMG, I'm a breath away from plunking down enough cash to get a new camera - a professional one! Or anything... Like maybe a Miele barista style coffeemaker or shoot, a new carpet. For the entire house. You know? LoL

Do you ever have moments like that?? What do you do?? LoL
I pour myself a glass of Veuve Cliquot and turn that frown upside down! :drinkup:

And then I think about which organs I can do without and start trawling the Black Market for buyers... :P

MarvelGirl

Always Be Thankful
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Yes, all the time. I still can't believe what I have done. I am new to Hermes and feel that I have lost my mind by purchasing 2 Bs over the past 3 months. I am doing an SO in Feb and then that is it for me. I love them but I can't take the guilt. I will continue to purchase bracelets and SLGs though. They are easier to stomach and cause far less guilt!

Jan 14, 2008
My OMG moment was when I decided to get a bbk as I had bought a retourne about 5 years ago. The moment I asked about one in the boutique they told me they had not seen any sellier kellys in a while but could help me locate one. When I found out how much in price it was new I was like "um I am going to go vintage" to myself.

amorris

Aug 26, 2009
Australia
OMG you have no idea!! I have been saving up to get a H bag so bad!! I've saved enough now and when I thought I was so ready, I am now having second thoughts! I know I would definitely love it, but it's really hard to hand them my card - with all the hard savings in it.. It's frustrating at the same time having to be in this forum - lusting away...