Do you ever get tired of a fabulous bag?

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
I actually get tired of bags I thought I would die to get -- I hate that about myself. I actually have a couple of bags (no names) in the 2K range that I don't really love anymore - I won't sell them, I'm hoping I'll fall in love again sometime - Does that happen?

I'm not in that price range of bags, but there have been a few that was "I MUST have it!". Then after I got it and used it for a while, it went in the closet. I think the problem was that I over used it when I first got it, so my thinking now is that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I will use it again later in the future.

All the time, when I first get something it's wonderful and new and fun and then after a while I am ready for a change. :smile: All the more reason not to spend too much on a bag, I know my attention span is only so long before I'll want to move on to something else..

Linda

i agree with linda...i dream, covet and then buy a bag i "can't live without" only to carry it for a while and then get bored and want some new arm candy...i don't think it has to do with the price of the bag at all; i just think we like change...

Definitely. But I always fall in love with them again. But on the very expensive ones, I ONLY buy classic pieces that will never go out of style so I can afford to hold them and re-discover them later.

Anything trendy that I must have is never going to be the very high end.

Not that I ever get rid of anything anyway. <rollingmyeyesatmyself>

I have a number of mid-to high end bags, and I find that in the long run I don't necessarily love them more than anything else. Indeed, this season, I am hesitating to spend much at all on a bag. I think I need to shop my own closet again!

Exactly HauteMama,
I store them away when I get bored with them.
When I get itchy for a new bag, but my pocketbook it too thin,
I go shopping in my basement.
Many a time, I discover true love all over again!
Then I walk around telling husband, "I can't believe I ever packed this bag away?".
He just rolls his eyes.

My most expensive bag (<1k, don't get too excited!) is sitting in a drawer waiting for me to re-fall in love with it again. It's a neutral and I am in a super bright colors phase.

All the time, when I first get something it's wonderful and new and fun and then after a while I am ready for a change. :smile: All the more reason not to spend too much on a bag, I know my attention span is only so long before I'll want to move on to something else..

Linda
My thoughts exactly. If I'm going to get tired of any bag I get, then I'll feel better if I don't spend a huge amount.

I think it goes with the old saying...want what you can't have and when you do have it, then you don't want it anymore.

Just because it has a higher price tag, does not mean you won't bore of it.

Yup, they are asleep in my closet in their dustbags. I fought too hard for some of them to get rid of them, but I know I will come back to them again. I get in a 'mood' for a certain bag and bring them back out into the rotation.