Do you ever get frustrated shopping for that one special piece?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. It could be any piece of jewelry: rings, earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc...

Right now I have to replace a pair of earrings that I've worn nearly every day for a decade and I just can't find anything to suit me. I'm so frustrated! I never thought it would be this hard! Yes, I could get the same pair secondhand, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around paying double or more for the same earrings. So... I thought I'd get something similar for around that price, but nope... can't find anything I like. Everything is too expensive.

How long does the search continue?:tumbleweed:

2. I completely understand, and the gold prices going up so much certainly doesn't make the search any easier!

I hope you can find a suitable replacement for your earrings soon...good luck!

3. What happened to your every day earrings? I agree it is hard to find just the right piece of jewelry for an acceptable price these days. I sometimes long for a certain piece but when I get it, I'm already wanting something else either to go with it or more than what I got (or so I think). Hanging out here doesn't help either! I like a lot of your jewelry though Junkenpo-especially your VCA!

4. Nothing was as difficult as shopping for a diamond upgrade. I literally spent MONTHS learning about diamonds, and then my DH surprised me and bought a ring without my knowledge. We discovered that the ring wasn't what we were led to believe it was, returned it and my search for a diamond began in earnest again. The ring has still not arrived (the setting had to be made in YG instead of white), so this won't be "over" until I see it with my own eyes. When we first shopped for an engagement ring 15+ years ago, neither of us knew the first thing about diamonds. It was price and what was available in stores - so much simpler then!

5. Why don't you save up for onyx VA ear clips?
    A dear tpf friend is going to post my mod photo of the yg ear clips for you....

What about the small yg frivole earrings? While I have the large pair, ever since I saw them on Kimber in real life I have been obsessed with them. They are so perfect.

6. For me, i find it frustrating when i am trying (and failing) to find a specific design i want. A couple of years ago, i got obsessed about getting a "puffy" heart pendant set with pave diamonds. For some weird reason, it has to be a fat, "puffy" heart, not a flat one. And it has to be pave diamonds. I had a something specific in mind but i simply couldn't find it anywhere. There were tonnes of heart pendants out there but not a single one was exactly what i had in mind. It was terribly frustrating.

After many months of searching i finally did find what i was looking for and it was by accident. I had almost given up then. I was so happy!

So dont give up, with some patience you'll eventually find your earrings

7. Constantly. See any of my setting/wedding band drama.

8. the only frustrating experience I have is finding original or good quality pieces at any non-designer stores. almost all family owned stores and chain stores have the same merchandise/ designs/ quality and it's so boring!!

9. Junkenpo,

Sometimes, we are looking for something that we only once seen its hard to find another pair of it. That's why every time I see a very nice jewelry regardless of the price, i but two of it. Or maybe same design but different color.
    Search might take long Junkenpo, patience :smile:

10. Well it isn't that difficult as you are trying to portray it to be. I have faced such situation in the past and sooner or later I got the item that I wanted. You just need to make your mind about your mind about your preferred choice.

11. :hugs: I think if you are looking for a pair of earrings like the ones you had, that probably feels more pressured than say, looking for a perfect pendant when you've never had one. Or keeping your eyes open for a really nice dress ring just because you've decided it's time for one.

I guess what I mean is, if you're replacing something that is a 'staple' of your jewellery wardrobe then the pressure is definitely ON! If it's just jewellery browsing for a new special something, then for myself at least I definitely feel less stressed about it.

I think I get stressed once I've decided what it is that I want, then there is honestly no calming me down until it is MINE!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

12. Can you post a picture of the earring you lost- maybe we can figure out something similar.

13. Yep! Always. Right now it's a tennis bracelet. It sounds easy but I have a very small wrist and i have very specific specs regarding this bracelet. Having one made is so much more expensive in my country. *sigh*, the search goes on!