Do you ever get a bag and just love it, but don't use it?!

Which bags would you like me to tell you about!

I also have the black python stardust Rio. After sitting in my closet after a few hours usage, I decided to use it as one of my gym bags, lol! Now it is sitting in one of my lockers at work. It was a gift from my sis, so I did't want to return it.

I still have at least 10 bags in my closet that I never use. Everytime I think of putting them on the chopping block, I think of how hard it was to get that style/color and how hard it would be to get it back again.

I have the same problem with shoes. I have a problem!

Lol Tiger! My shoe problem ended last year---thank god. I don't need that and a bag problem!! And how lucky are you to get a MJ bag from your sis?! Wow, I would love to get one from a family member. But no way is that going to happen, my mom buys bags from Marshalls for no more than $30-50.

I definitely have bags that I don't use much and should sell, but I don't have any expensive bags that I've never used. Do you just not think it looks right with any of your outfits?

No, it goes well with a lot of my clothing. I have lots of grey & black. I just don't know what the heck it is!

i've done the same, and so now when i purchase i go through a pretty long check list before i go after it or hit that BIN.

Ooooo June, you are a brave one! I am so scared to buy off Ebay or Bonanza if I havn't seen the bag in person!! I am sure I have missed some great deals on wonderful bags do to that. The only time I have done this was with my black Glam Stam and purple crystal stam off Bluefly. But you can also return items if you don't like them.

I've returned a couple of bags that I never got around to using. I rotate my bags frequently and if I don't use something within 30 days, I probably will not get good use out of it. I'd rather have the cash than an expensive bag I don't use.

I do the same! I rotate my bags often.........I usually have about 3 sitting on my kitchen counter and I'll alternate between them for a few weeks. Then I bring out another three and do the same. But that darn black SD python Rio is never brought out! I should probably just return it.

Thanks gals for all your repsonses..............I am starting to wonder if it's because I like the stam & Cecilia better than the Rio. When I saw someone here with a black SD Cecilia for sale on Bonanza, I was pretty excited about it. I talked to my best friend today and she doesn't plan on getting rid of her black SD cecilia..............so maybe it's because of the style. I just don't know! But I use my pink SD python Rio. Argghhh----makes no sense to me!

Dbeth, do you still have your receipt? If it were me, I would return that badboy and get something I really love.

Maybe its me, but my sd Rio reminds me of a dressy briefcase. My aunt, who is an executive, loved it! I have also used it as a carry-on. It fits a ton of stuff and it is so pretty.

i've done the same, and so now when i purchase i go through a pretty long check list before i go after it or hit that BIN.
I do the same. I really want to get a LV speedy for christmas but I just found out that it doesn't fit in my locker at work. So I finally came back to MBMJ Natasha after using my little checklist for bags.
I don't like it when I have bags sitting in my closet.

I second June, I used to try out more, but these days I force myself to really think a purchase through beforehand. It's just less expensive and more effective that way. Although I must admit I own a few bags I never use out of nostalgia.

I went NUTS trying to get a MbyMJ Natasha a few months ago when they were a bit scarce, I kept saying it was my dream bag, blah blah. Now I have it, I never use it! It's not that i don't like it, mind, it's that after only a couple of uses, the back started to feel a bit rough and I panicked that the leather would start rubbing off. I don't want to ruin it, but then what's the point of a bag that sits in a box in your wardrobe? I'm going to have to stop being so precious about it and just whip it out!

On the other side of things, I was using my Kelsey bag so much that it's starting to get worn in places. I've conditioned it and touched it up, but I've put it away for the time being in case it gets worse. Then I thought: OF COURSE ITS GOING TO GET WORSE! THAT'S USAGE!

It's still in its box in the wardrobe though...

I used to, but after I found myself with a few dozen bags I rarely, if ever, actually carried, I started thinking more seriously about my purchases. So I sold off everything and started over again, and it's working out okay so far. It's hard not to buy, though, especially with prices so low these days.

dbeth, don't feel alone. i only use a handful of my bags. i use the same ones over and over, and the others just sit in the closet. But ... i have them. They are mine. Sometimes i just get them out and look at them.

Example: Jumbo Waves Bruna, Kamila, purple stardust Stam, red stardust Stam, resort 08 Stam.

They are too pretty to get rid of. Sometime in the future i know i will use them, so i am ok with them just sitting there. If, when i look at them, i smile and think how beautiful they are, then they are keepers. If i think they're just ok and they don't make me have that warm fuzzy feeling, they need to go.

Dbeth, do you still have your receipt? If it were me, I would return that badboy and get something I really love.

Maybe its me, but my sd Rio reminds me of a dressy briefcase. My aunt, who is an executive, loved it! I have also used it as a carry-on. It fits a ton of stuff and it is so pretty.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I have the receipt, but not for sure. I need to look for it. I thought Bloomies was like Nordstrom, if you have the little scan sticker on the tag, you can return it. But a lady in jewelry told me that after 6 months you have to have the receipt. I think I bought it in March. I have a feeling that it's going to go back if I do find the receipt.

dbeth, don't feel alone. i only use a handful of my bags. i use the same ones over and over, and the others just sit in the closet. But ... i have them. They are mine. Sometimes i just get them out and look at them.

Example: Jumbo Waves Bruna, Kamila, purple stardust Stam, red stardust Stam, resort 08 Stam.

They are too pretty to get rid of. Sometime in the future i know i will use them, so i am ok with them just sitting there. If, when i look at them, i smile and think how beautiful they are, then they are keepers. If i think they're just ok and they don't make me have that warm fuzzy feeling, they need to go.

That's the thing! It's to 'pretty' to return.

Oooo, exotic?! Sounds so nice!! What is she?!

It's an embossed Python Desir Stam. I love to look at her, but she just does not make my heart skip the way my other MJ babies do :shucks: Whenever I carry my SD Cecilia or my Red Stam, I feel the love :love: I have carried them both plenty of times, but my poor little Desir Stam has never left my apartment :hrmm: makes me a little sad...

Say, if you return yours I'll return mine ;)

I know how you feel dbeth. I have a few bags at home that have the tags attached to them. I always think I will find them somewhere else on sale or something. And for those I've returned I end up missing them and regret returning it. Call me crazy!!! :confused1:

Definitely! But I've learned now to really think twice or thrice before buying by considering my lifestyle and the practicality of owning a particular bag. And it's not like I have a huge closet that would allow for purses to just languish and not be used!

It's an embossed Python Desir Stam. I love to look at her, but she just does not make my heart skip the way my other MJ babies do :shucks: Whenever I carry my SD Cecilia or my Red Stam, I feel the love :love: I have carried them both plenty of times, but my poor little Desir Stam has never left my apartment :hrmm: makes me a little sad...

Say, if you return yours I'll return mine ;)

Don't tell me your desir stam is purple.......I will die!!!!

There is a MJ accessory store/outlet in nyc that is so inexpensive, that I cant help but buy when I go in. i know have so many bags and totes that I will prob never use! so yes, i understand.
I keep telling myself that I will wear my LV Dentelle Speedy, but I can't bear the thought of ruining it, so I don't.
We do what we do.