Do you ever feel uncomfortable in public wearing your LV bag?? SOmetimes I feel like

I'm guilty of ogling nice bags like LV when I see them. It's mostly because 1) I don't live anywhere near a store, so seeing them in the wild is my only opportunity, and 2) I love looking at beautiful bags! Rather than thinking everyone who is checking out your bag is judging you, think to yourself that a lot of them are just admiring the bag and are probably not paying any attention to you at all!

Reactions: Sophie-Rose
Oh yes I do feel uncomfortable sometimes! But the thing is it's only when I use my Speedy 35 but not so much with Totally GM maybe because I keep on changing the way I hold my Speedy, cause I put a lot of stuff and it can get quite heavy, so I'm afraid people would think I can't handle a Speedy! Lol.. And probably because I feel Speedy is more exposed than Totally GM since Totally's held under your arms lol.

safeire said:
i'm guilty of ogling nice bags like lv when i see them. It's mostly because 1) i don't live anywhere near a store, so seeing them in the wild is my only opportunity, and 2) i love looking at beautiful bags! Rather than thinking everyone who is checking out your bag is judging you, think to yourself that a lot of them are just admiring the bag and are probably not paying any attention to you at all!

+1

Today I wore my LV mono speedy 35b. I just ordered the same in Ebene....
Wherever I went, a fair, the food store, I saw women eyeing me and my bag. Then I started to feel like they were thinking I was showing off or something. I just like the bag for what it is. But I think the general public views it as you think u r rich type of bag etc.

DO you guys ever feel like that?? Does it go away? I don't wear my bag often cuz of rain etc. BUt planned on wearing my ebene version 24.7

She probably simply liked the bag and was not even thinking about you.

The discomfort is with you and you have yourself believing others are looking at you and they are harboring negative thoughts which is not the case at all.

Don't feel bad for the things in life you worked hard to obtain. Are you not going to drive your favorite car, move into your dream home or wear a certain dress because you are worried about what others think? Life is too short for that nonsense. Carry your LV with confidence.

Read the first post of this thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/goes-out-those-you-who-worrying-about-peoples-776461.html

I notice people looking at my bags sometimes but some people would actually come up to me and compliment my bag. Even when
I'm not carrying a nice bag people tend to stare a bit. I live in a city where people tend to dress more casual but my style is more dressy. However, I don't care what they think... I'm happy and comfortable dressed that way. :smile:

I feel uncomfortable when I'm alone and in a sketchy area. I worry that I'll get robbed with a flashy bag. Otherwise, I could honestly care less about judging looks.. I used to have that mentality when I started buying designer bags but I've learned to enjoy my own bags. :smile:

glamourdoll. said:
I feel uncomfortable when I'm alone and in a sketchy area. I worry that I'll get robbed with a flashy bag. Otherwise, I could honestly care less about judging looks.. I used to have that mentality when I started buying designer bags but I've learned to enjoy my own bags. :smile:

I feel that way, I feel like my whole town is sketchy lol. But I always have my hub with me so I carry mine anyways.

I am currently deciding between a Mono and DE Neverfull. I am ultimately thinking Mono it will be, but the DE is still appealing to me just for the fact that it is not as "in your face." I'm a little bit worried about what people at work, friends, family, ANYONE will say. I'm saving and working hard to buy the bag, but people know I don't have money and I hate the judgment and stigma. Ultimately, I will not make my decision based on what other people will say, but I do think about it.

However, I never notice looks when I wear my vintage Speedy. Maybe it's because I'm so used to it and one day I'll get that way with my Neverfull too...
I live im UK and whenever I wear my neverfull in DE just everyone looks at it.. mind you its the same with my Alma in vernis mordore. It's strange but it doesn't happen so much with my monogram pieces. I guess we just have to live with it. I don't look at people stareing anymore. Just ignore it :smile:

Around friends who aren't as passionate about LV as me or judgmental family members, I stick with my more discreet purses.
Around my SO or running errands by myself I wear my LV w pride :smile: (thankfully he couldn't care less). I do feel uncomfortable with the stares bc I feel bystanders think I look so young with these high end bags! But who knows (or cares) what they think! I'm learning to shrug it off bc life is too short and I feel more classy and happy with my LVs!!! :smile:

Reactions: zyzyx9