Do you ever feel like becoming a minimalist? Ready to chuck it all.

I made January 1 of this year my "purge day." I got rid of all the stuff that I didn't like, didn't fit me, etc. I gave away 7 kitchen-sized garbage bags full of clothing and shoes to the Salvation Army.

Hubby and I have limited closet space here and no storage in the garage, so we absolutely cannot have extra junk lying around. When we combined our households we had to get a storage unit, but after paying for it for a year we decided to get rid of our extra stuff. We just don't miss it. I think I would enjoy helping people declutter for a living!

But generally speaking, when I'm tired of stuff I will try and sell it on eBay. If it isn't something that I think will sell, I donate it to the Salvation Army. If it's really in bad shape, I toss it. But I do try to throw away as little as possible.

I can't hoard or collect things; I've tried. A day will go past with me trying to live with certain objects in my house and the next day I will be at the charity shop with bags full of stuff.

My boyfriend and I live in a studio apartment, about 750 square feet and we both love it this way.

Often I truly hate posessions! I have also fantasised about living like a monk or some old philospher - owning nothing but one toga and a small bag of essentials.

I have these moods too, the need to clean the closets up. I´ve given to friends and charities many many bags of clothing/bags in a couple of months. Still not done!

That's my dream, I'm a frustrated pack rat. I have gotten better though, mainly becuase I'm getting picker and sold some bags and clothes on Ebay that I wasn't using - that felt great. I have to do my spring cleanout now. Yikes.

I think everyone acquires "stuff" easily. I know I get periods where I just can't take it and fill up bags full of things to donate. I can't say I've really collected too many bags yet, unfortunately, lol. I really do believe it is human nature to want things. And for all of us with this passion for bags it's just one area we focus on. I mean, I think everyone has a passion. :heart: