Do you ever fall out of love? Chain Me Hobo Help...

sixela

O.G.
May 17, 2010
Hello all~ I was going to post in the Chain Me thread but decided starting a new thread might be better. Mods-if you feel it needs to be moved or merged with another thread, please do so. Thank you.

I'm in sort of a dilemma~ & I would love some opinions besides my Hubby's. He just keeps telling me to buy buy buy and he even told me he gets really happy when he sees me buy bags because it makes him happy knowing that I am happy... hope that makes sense. (oh and I don't spend his money for bags. I make a comfortable living on my own so it's not like he is happy that I am spending his money... not that lucky yet. But do appreciate his moral support for my hobby.)

I just got the chain me hobo in black w/ ghw and I'm having doubts. It's still in the box with ribbons and all still tied up... I brought it home yesterday and didn't even touch it. It's a great looking bag but I am not sure about it. Do you ladies think I should just return it? I am not able to post modeling pictures because if I return it, I'm just gonna return the bag without even touching it. I don't even have the urge to open up the box haha~~~ when I work at my part time job on the weekends I use a huge juicy bag (a beater bag) for my work clothes & things. Maybe that's why I don't wanna open it yet since I won't even be able to use it now.

But here is a picture of the box with the code if anyone wants the info to find the bag.

attachment.php

It could be because I've over researched? And have seen so many pictures, seen it at the store many times, etc. So now it's "onto the next one". I'm already looking for another reissue and more cjs. Looking at things from the Fall etc. . . When I saw pictures of it and when I saw it in real life I was soooo drawn to it. I am beginning to think that it's really because I over researched. I don't have that *special* emotion towards it anymore. . . does that happen to you ladies ever? What are your thoughts on my situation?

the thing is, I really liked it a lot when I first saw it. . . I wonder what happened. Maybe it's like kids with toys or boys with girls. Once they have it the thrill is over?

i think that feeling is normal with seasonal items...the items from more current seasons may grab your attention away. it's really easy to have handbag ADD with all the seasonal bags that come out all year long.....if only we could get them all. :Push:

if you don't love the bag...definitely return it. :cool: no big deal.

I like the Chain Me Ligne but wasn't moved to buy anything. You don't sound in love with your purchase at all. I think u should return it. Wait for that LOVIN FEELIN to take hold of you when u see it. With CHANEL, it won't be long before your heart races :flowers:

i think that feeling is normal with seasonal items...the items from more current seasons may grab your attention away. it's really easy to have handbag ADD with all the seasonal bags that come out all year long.....if only we could get them all. :Push:

if you don't love the bag...definitely return it. :cool: no big deal.

I like the Chain Me Ligne but wasn't moved to buy anything. You don't sound in love with your purchase at all. I think u should return it. Wait for that LOVIN FEELIN to take hold of you when u see it. With CHANEL, it won't be long before your heart races :flowers:

Thank you both so much for your opinions~ I do think that I thought it was love at first sight and maybe I just bought something for the sake of buying something.

Plus my hubby keeps saying "it looks so cool on you!" That didn't help me make my decision either. He liked it a lot better than the pink degraded reissue. I should never bring him shopping with me. He said I am just PMS-ing and that after I return it I would probably end up buying it back again. haha~

ITA. If you really loved it, you would rip into the package as soon as you got home. Since it is just sitting in the box, you may not really like it or perhaps you are feeling some buyers remorse. Return it and wait for something that you will really love!

day 3... the bag is still untouched sitting in it's original spot after I took that picture of the box! haha~~~ it's definitely going back to the store after all the craziness of the upcoming sale. I wouldn't want to bother my SA while she's going through all of this. I feel so bad haha~

thank you for all of your replies! I am so glad I have my tpf ladies & gents to ask for support & opinions!

**UPDATE**

Hello all~~~ finally returned the bag. :salute: I was so mad to not have returned it a few days earlier. Haha... just sort of let it sit there collecting dust. Well first it was because I was going to the sale at another store. The store I got the chain me from wasn't having that great of a sale so I pushed going to that store aside for a while since they both close at 6 and I get outta work @ 5!

But that bag is out of my life and I don't regret it at all. :cool: